Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi Q7 deal

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 06:06 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation Audi Q7 deal

Hi. I am looking for a 7 passenger SUV and love the Audi Q7 so I decided to go to a dealership in Toronto for a quote. They said that their entire stock of 2010 Audi Q7s is sold out and all they have is four used 2009 Audi Q7s. So they gave me a quote of around $48k CND (not including tax) for the car which has 32k kilometers on it. It was a rental car and they bought it from the US so it's around $10k cheaper since it's not from Canada. I looked at the car and it's in pretty good shape, just a few scratches on the interior and some black marks on the roof line of the trunk.

Do you guys think that it's a good deal? If not which other 7 passenger SUV do you recommend that's around $50k CND. I don't mind a 5 passenger SUV either if it's spacious. However, I'm not looking to buy a sedan or wagon. Thanks in advance and take care.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Administrator

I'd be cautious about buying a rental, I (and a lot of other people) always beat the **** out of rental cars

Old 06-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Administrator

^ I agree with him.

Make sure the engine and everything else is in good condition if you decide to buy it. Does it come with warranty from the dealer?

Old 06-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Senior Administrator

Personally, I wudn't by an ex-rental, unless I only planned to beat the crap outta it, anyway. Same reason as CCA4. Think about how YOU treat rentals... I rest my case.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:02 AM
Administrator

Jazz - He's from Canada. I heard they treat rentals with generosity, respect, and care across the border!

Old 06-12-2010, 01:14 AM
1st Gear

Well I can't really tell if the engine is what it's supposed to be but it seems to be in good shape I think. And it comes with a 4 year warranty or 80k whichever comes first. I also made a typo and meant that the car has a few scratches on the exterior and a few black lines on the roof line of the trunk. I would just like to know if you guys think it's a good deal. It's a 2009 Audi Q7 with Premium package (not S-line though) in silver with grey interior.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by kriptonik
Jazz - He's from Canada. I heard they treat rentals with generosity, respect, and care across the border!
WHich explains why he'd even consider buying one, huh?

M-D (sorry, but, *I* call NO ONE "Master."), two things you need to consider:

1) How good is the warranty? Bumper-to-bumper? Drivetrain-only? Just the left side of the interior volume of the right/rear passenger seat? What is the reputation of the dealership offering it? Google the Stealership and see what kinda dirt you turn up.

2) If they're offering only 80k (Km's or Mi's), is that from when YOU roll off the lot, or original miles (or Kilometres)? If original, how soon do you anticipate YOU will hit that mark? Its NOT a good deal if you're gonna run out the warranty a week after you plop down your hard-earned cash (ummm... how do you say cash in Canadian, BTW?).

Good deal? Hard to say without seeing the actual vehicle ourselves... Driving it around a snow-bank, or two (its June, has it stopped snowing there, yet?), and balanced our need for transportation against our want for a Q7. Clearly you want one BADLY, or you'd wait for next-seasons shipment of 27-30 Q7's Canukistan is entitled to. Soooooo... How BAD doya want it?

Oh, not intending to scare you too much, but, I should mention that, here, south of the border, *we* tend to mistreat our rental-stock. Where did you say your prospect came from, again?

Old 06-12-2010, 10:58 AM
5th Gear

i would skip on rental vehicle. pay more for a non rental or go to a different dealership. they can get them from other dealerships unless all of Canada is out of Q7 lol

Old 06-12-2010, 12:12 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
WHich explains why he'd even consider buying one, huh?

M-D (sorry, but, *I* call NO ONE "Master."), two things you need to consider:

1) How good is the warranty? Bumper-to-bumper? Drivetrain-only? Just the left side of the interior volume of the right/rear passenger seat? What is the reputation of the dealership offering it? Google the Stealership and see what kinda dirt you turn up.

2) If they're offering only 80k (Km's or Mi's), is that from when YOU roll off the lot, or original miles (or Kilometres)? If original, how soon do you anticipate YOU will hit that mark? Its NOT a good deal if you're gonna run out the warranty a week after you plop down your hard-earned cash (ummm... how do you say cash in Canadian, BTW?).

Good deal? Hard to say without seeing the actual vehicle ourselves... Driving it around a snow-bank, or two (its June, has it stopped snowing there, yet?), and balanced our need for transportation against our want for a Q7. Clearly you want one BADLY, or you'd wait for next-seasons shipment of 27-30 Q7's Canukistan is entitled to. Soooooo... How BAD doya want it?

Oh, not intending to scare you too much, but, I should mention that, here, south of the border, *we* tend to mistreat our rental-stock. Where did you say your prospect came from, again?
Haha you MUST call me master, kidding. :P

1) Okay so as for the warranty, it's pretty much the standard so it includes everything and I haven't checked the reputation of the dealership, but it's the only one that has used Q7s in stock. I'm gonna try and see if I can find any reviews on it.

2) They told me that the warranty started in January 2009 and has 4 years left on it or when the car hits 80k. I'm not really sure if it includes the 32k that's already on the car and me and my family don't drive that much. We drive around 10k-15k a year so it might be okay. And we say cash the same way as you guys lol.

And yeah we don't have snow anymore, I test drove the car at 24C so it was very warm. I can't really wait for it, because I need to sell the car that I have now so I can get some cash. They also stated that they won't get any new Q5s and Q7s until the end of July.

It's a rental car from the US and this is the car that I was talking about.

Link

And this is the other used Q7s that the dealership has in stock.

Link 2

Last edited by MasterD; 06-12-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Senior Administrator

FORGET THE Q7... They've got a 5.2 R8 for ONLY $200k!!! Get THAT instead!!! They're ALMOST the same, sorta, kinda, if you squint RILLY HARD!

Hey, I grew up in Detroit, and useta prowl the Canadian side of the riverfront for hawties, mumble-mumble-years ago.

The sticking point we all seem to have is the former-rental-car aspect of the deal. If you can get past that, hey, its your LeCash. 80Km is about 50k miles (is the odo in miles or km?) and that (the warranty) is what will make or break this experience, for you. Make SURE you examine it CLOSELY for loopholes.

Quick Reply: Audi Q7 deal