Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Source Extended Warranty - STEER CLEAR

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Default Auto Source Extended Warranty - STEER CLEAR

So last Sunday I am driving my bone stock S4 and notice that I no longer get consistent boost. I am thinking OK - its just a blown/torn hose. I take the car to my local Audi certified mechanic and they pull it apart to find out one turbo is blown the other is on the way out.

Thankfully I bought a Extended warranty and paid extra for Audi + AWD + Turbo coverage from AutoSource of America LLC. First item on the warranty states - covered repairs on all internally lubricated parts. Warranty company hires some inspector to come out and look to make sure my mechanic isn't just trying to help me.

Fast forward from Monday when the claim is filed to Thursday when the claim is denied - the reason is its a wear and tear part not covered even though I paid for it extra to be covered. They say both the inspector and the mechanic told them its a normal wear and tear item and those arent covered in the policy. I am beyond foaming mad at this point. The repairs are around $6000 and the car is not drivable the way it is.

Warranty is http://www.aswarranty.com/plans.shtml#gold

I now find out that in order for this warranty company to cover ANY engine mechanical failure the engine block has to literally crack in half and fall apart while working.

Lesson learned: STAY AWAY FROM THESE F###S !!

Old 09-21-2008, 11:49 PM
1st Gear

hey seems like the wrong place for this, you should post up your story in the forum on warrantiesgonewild.com

Old 09-21-2008, 11:54 PM

►Turbo/Supercharger: (only with Applicable Surcharge) All internal lubricated parts, vanes, shafts, bearings, and housing (if damaged by the failure of a covered part). Seals and gaskets are covered only in conjunction with a covered repair. Turbo/Supercharger must be factory installed for this coverage to apply. Coverage limited to above named components.

----------> Isn't your turbo factory installed and internally lubricated ??? Sounds like BS to me!

Old 09-22-2008, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by GHETTOxWHITExBOY
►Turbo/Supercharger: (only with Applicable Surcharge) All internal lubricated parts, vanes, shafts, bearings, and housing (if damaged by the failure of a covered part). Seals and gaskets are covered only in conjunction with a covered repair. Turbo/Supercharger must be factory installed for this coverage to apply. Coverage limited to above named components.

----------> Isn't your turbo factory installed and internally lubricated ??? Sounds like BS to me!
Yes and yes - they are hoping to screw me and call it good.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by gw8484
hey seems like the wrong place for this, you should post up your story in the forum on warrantiesgonewild.com
Naturally I did try to post on popular review sites but since this particular warranty is targeting people WITH turbos in their cars I thought I would everyone a great deal of service of not wasting a couple of thousand dollars.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:58 PM
2nd Gear

You've got to hit them back with their own ammo - their policy language.
The important term here is "failure". they are apparently saying that normal wear and tear caused the failure, but if what you posted is the entire warranty policy, I also don't see that the term "failure" is defined. Where does it say in the policy that wear and tear is not covered? The warranty is a legal, binding contract. Look through it for the details. There could also be coverage relating to PREMATURE wear and tear. How many miles on the turbos? How long should they usually last?

Old 09-22-2008, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by karguy427
You've got to hit them back with their own ammo - their policy language.
The important term here is "failure". they are apparently saying that normal wear and tear caused the failure, but if what you posted is the entire warranty policy, I also don't see that the term "failure" is defined. Where does it say in the policy that wear and tear is not covered? The warranty is a legal, binding contract. Look through it for the details. There could also be coverage relating to PREMATURE wear and tear. How many miles on the turbos? How long should they usually last?
here is what the actual contract has that they are using against me as wear and tear.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:05 PM
1st Gear

wow///sorry to hear of your troubles. thanks for the heads up and hope you get it all sorted and fixed.

and you know what? stay clear of Certified Dealer Services as well. There's a turd who works there by the name of John. Stay away from him too.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:22 PM
2nd Gear

Very restrictive contract. Seems to be worded to exclude pretty much everything.
--- So if you present a claim on your turbos because failure is imminent, they would deny it b/c it's only "a reduction in performance", but if you wait until it blows up, it's not covered b/c it's "wear & tear".

What a rip........

Old 02-21-2014, 09:26 PM
1st Gear

sorry brother but they are right which sucks cause u have to read the contract carefully.
only the internal lubricated parts are covered. so if u were doing periodic maintence and u found those parts were going bad, then they would of covered it. but instead the turbo blew. in the audi manual, they tell u the recommend maintenance for the engine to live long. i know cause i went thru the same **** with them n got my uncle involved (a lawyer).
"►Turbo/Supercharger: (only with Applicable Surcharge) The following internal lubricated parts: vanes, shafts, bearings, and housing (if damaged by the failure of a covered part). Seals and gaskets are covered only in conjunction with a covered repair. Turbo/Supercharger must be factory installed for this coverage to apply. Coverage limited to above named components."

Quick Reply: Auto Source Extended Warranty - STEER CLEAR