Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back to Lifting

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 10:33 AM
2nd Gear
Default Back to Lifting

Ahhh... nothing like sore muscles after great day of lifting!
I took some time off.. been off and on for a few years. Gained some weight so now im back in full gear. cardio in the morning before work... lifting and more cardio after working, then there is some other work in there for my other job, lol.
30lbs in the next 8 weeks. no problem. then 10 more lbs the next 2 weeks after.... so basically 40 lbs in 10 weeks. Fun Fun Fun!!!
Any other lifters in the house?

Old 12-05-2007, 11:14 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Back to Lifting

damn - you missed JohnnyBravo - that boy was a pure musclehead - funny guy too, unintentionally at times lol

need to get there myself - no where an addict - don't know crap about supplements and such...

but I'm with you on the sore muscle feeling

Old 12-05-2007, 11:24 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah I got back in the gym abouttwo months ago. I swam in collegeand was in super shape through out high school and college (swimming 3+ miles every day will do that)then after I graduated Ijust got lazy and gained weight. Having a real job for the first time and working long hours didnt help. Now about a year later my roommate and I go every day except for the weekends (although i our defense we do our fair amount of 12 oz. curls on friday and saturday). 40lbs. in ten weeks is ballsy good luck! As I type this my legs are super sore from the lower body work out thatI didlast night.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:28 AM
2nd Gear

have any questiosn just ask, i used to do bodybuilding stuff. I havnt looked at new new supplements , but that only requires a little research.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:58 AM
2nd Gear

I have never been a big believer in supplements, just eat right and you will be fine is my thought on the matter. I just dont like the idea of submitting my body to stuff like that. (Of course I have never been interested in getting huge/jacked I just want to keep in shape if i dont have a six pack oh well) Along those same lines I stay away from advil and crap like that for colds and definatly no flu shots here! The only thing I will take is a vitamine C supplament when I feel the sniffles coming on.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:14 PM
2nd Gear

your 100% right. Most of those supplements can be found in all the food we eat. eating the right stuff is the first part. but if i have some other goals then i will procede to get better "supplements"

Old 12-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Administrator

i miss working out, i used to go crazy also but i never got bigger only stronger
i always thought swimming was one of the best forms of exercise out there
i had a boxer type body, i was lean, fast and strong but now im blah[&o]

i never liked supplements also, didnt trust em casue of health issue they might give

Old 12-05-2007, 01:36 PM
6th Gear

I need to get back to working out. I ran for 4 years and now I'm not running in college so I have the most body fat on me ever I think, I need to get back into lean muscle mode but nobody on my floor wants to work out how I want to so I can't find a partner to lift with and I'm not motivated enough to do it myself. also i need to do more cardio, I have no stamina anymore

Anyone got a good workout plan that is easy to do, burns fat, and build lean muscle (that doesn't involve running 12miles a day like I did in CC)

Old 12-05-2007, 02:50 PM
2nd Gear

i do.. cardio- 30 mins in the morning. diet is key btw.
then u have classes all day, then around 5-6ish go do a 30-45 minute workout.. do this 3 days on 1 day off and that will give you a good jump start. only takes 17 days for it to become a habit! btw.. building muscle and burning fat is hard to do at the same time. focus more on one more than the other. loose fat- do cardio. build muscle more weights and not as much cardio.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:46 PM
6th Gear

Thanks, I'll have to try that this winter, so I can get back in Spring break shape.

Quick Reply: Back to Lifting