Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Best snow shoes..

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 04:31 PM
1st Gear
Default Best snow shoes..

I don't get much snow (any..) where im from, but id like to pick up a set of winter tires for when i go up snowboarding. Which are the best ones? I've seen a lot about the bridgestone blizzaks... just wondering if those are the ones i should go with

Old 12-23-2008, 04:50 PM
1st Gear

Put Blizzaks (LM25) on our TT Saturday...so far so good. It has gotten us through some hellacious snow and ice the past few days.

We selected Blizzaks since everyone we know in our area with German cars uses them.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:22 PM
5th Gear

nokians are good too

Old 12-23-2008, 05:32 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Get some Winterforce tires. They are pretty inexpensive and get the job done, and they are studable, too.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:39 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by xwright
I don't get much snow (any..) where im from, but id like to pick up a set of winter tires for when i go up snowboarding. Which are the best ones? I've seen a lot about the bridgestone blizzaks... just wondering if those are the ones i should go with
go to the mountains in santa cruz, i've seen snow there...

Old 12-23-2008, 06:10 PM
4th Gear

blizzaks wear to quickly... had them on my bmw... they were good though, i will admit, but wore too fast.

now we are onto nokian hakkapolleitta's (either hakka 2's or hakka 5's... the 5's are more expensive but INSANE)

my vote, nokian hakkapolleitta 2's

Old 12-23-2008, 07:26 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by lumend13
go to the mountains in santa cruz, i've seen snow there...
yeah.. but i live by the yacht harbor haha

Old 12-23-2008, 07:34 PM
4th Gear

youd probably be fine with not top of the line snow tires... just get some all seasons, because this way you wont ruin a good pair of snow tires by a yacht harbour...

i run toyo proxes 4's in NY, just had about 15'' of snow, and at one point i found myself going through literally 8'' of snow with all seasons... worked out suprisingly well... i could get up my hill through the snow when my bro with a wrx couldnt with snows

Old 12-23-2008, 07:50 PM
3rd Gear

Snow is awesome! If you want the best snow tires, talk to Verdstien. They make a tire with ground-up walnut shell impregnated in the rubber. These are performance tires with the best grip surface possible. Also, the walnut shell doesn't dig grooves in the road or wear down like studs. and the rubber doesnt wear really quickly like most snow tires. I worked as a tech for Benz when I lived in denver, and drove quite a bit with them. They are the ****! HANDS DOWN!
_

Old 12-24-2008, 01:47 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by xwright
yeah.. but i live by the yacht harbor haha
yacht harbor? i like to go there when it rains, do u have a gray b5? I've seen one park by that area

Quick Reply: Best snow shoes..