Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

BLU RAY WINS!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 10:52 PM
Default RE: BLU RAY WINS!!!!!!!!

^^^^^
that would b me... the 360 is still a superior console for games... but after March my HD DVD connection will be a paper weight unless I want to watch Transformers or The Kingdom for the 50th time lol

but I'll still get a PS3 for the Blu-Ray... don't want the 52" Samsung LCD to go to waste lol

plus Metal Gears Solid won't be too bad

Old 02-20-2008, 02:24 AM

It's about time! Now I can go out & pick up a Blu-Ray player.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:30 AM
SoCal Crew Member

I just hope they don't jack up the prices on the blu ray players now that this format has won.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:08 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Woodhead2k

Thats a shame, HD DVD was higher quality. Also sucks for 360 owners...
HD DVD was less quality. It wont even do 1080p just 1080i. Plus Blu Ray holds way more data. Look at it this way, when you are playing Grand Theft Auto 4, think about how much bigger it could have been, how many more cars, people music anything there could have been but isn't because since it is multi console it had to fit on both formats. A maxed out Blu Ray game would be a 3 disc HD DVD game. The answer was clear from the start. Not to mention "Blu Ray" rolls off the tongue, "HD DVD" is like a god damn tongue twister in comparison. At the CES booth this year the HD DVD section was a wall about 6 feet tall displaying all the HD DVD titles, the Blu Ray section..............A scale replica of a pirate ship with lifesize replicas of spiderman, jack sparrow, the imorrtals from 300. It was like do you wanna go to the library or the six flags. 1.3 HD DVD player sto 10 million Blu Ray. I was not surprised, only surprised by the fact people were surprised haha. Anyway now I can sleep at night knowing transformers 2 and Iron man will be released on Blu Ray. +1 for Sony. And now let me end this in saying........Ahem......2008 WILL BE THE YEAR OF PS3. Not coming from a fanboy, I own a 360 and a PS3(sorry wii is not included because its NOT NEGT GEN) Anyone who wants to argue that name one blockbuster next gen title that came out on wii........call of duty 4 NO assassins creed NO will GTA 4 NO. It cant even display true HD and it can't play....ready for it DVD's OMFG it can't play something my PS1 could. Sorry wii can sell a bajillion copies of its fruity 6 yr old werid *** japanese cartoony games, PS3 and 360 are the only next gen consoles.......and PS3 is about to hit kickdown bitches.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

MUAHAHAHAHA.. weve been documenting HD DVD's demise right here on our forums for awhile..

finally its official.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:05 PM
2nd Gear

Man I called it from day 1. The whole HD DVD campaign was a joke. I was hella upset when I found out my 360 would not play HD DVD movies and an external drive was neccisary. Microsoft HAD to have their 1 year jump on sony and as a result shot themselves in the foot. Not only is HD DVD (a format they were partnered with toshiba with) dead.......but now the 360 is officially a machine that uses inferior, obsolete technology. They half assed their jump forward and got sparta kicked back. Microsoft says they have no plans to back blu ray neither does Toshiba....man they are sore losers.

This may be old, but still funny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frZTf...eature=related

Old 02-20-2008, 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: socaljoe

I just hope they don't jack up the prices on the blu ray players now that this format has won.
I doubt it. The prices can only come down as they start building more Blu-Ray players, and eventually the cost per player will come down.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:42 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Went to Bestbuy today to buy I Am Legend on HD DVD but the store only had the Blu Ray version. So went to theirblu rayplayer section and looked around and couldn't find any. I asked the sales guy about their blu ray players, he told me that they are completely out of stock. My gf walked around the other side and said "hey, there's a blu ray player right here in the box, but it's a Samsung though" (I was looking for a Sony). I went over to her to look, it turned out to be a Samsung Duo, looked for the price but it wasn't listed. The last time I saw this unit, it was going for $799. I called the sales guy over and asked him how much it was, he said $599..I picked that puppy up and put in in my cart, turned out it was the last one. Grabbed I Am Legend on the way to the cashier and went home and hooked it up...this thing is cool, good pic quality and plays both of my HD DVD and Blu Ray movies
http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/d...=BD-UP5000/XAA

Old 03-25-2008, 12:59 AM
4th Gear

Sweet deal Joe.

Thats awesome, I think we'll eventually go with a Ps3