Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Bush
66.67%
Kerry
33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Bush vs. Kerry

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 04:18 AM
4th Gear
Default Bush vs. Kerry

Who do you guys think will win in this Fall's election?

Old 08-07-2004, 04:26 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Bush vs. Kerry

Im not saying I agree with everything Bush supports and everything Kerry supports. But face it, Kerrys all talk, Aleast Bush has some ***** behind him!

Another thing, Kerrys war stories are amazingly queer.

Old 08-08-2004, 06:21 PM
1st Gear

I don't really know where I stand on this issue. I would vote for Kerry just by virtue of Bush being an idiot and all his censorship laws and crap, but at the same time Kerry is an indecisive jackass!

So, I'm just gonna stay out of it all together. I will not be held responsible for choosing how the next for years are spent.....Seacrest, out!

Old 08-08-2004, 08:28 PM
1st Gear

I don't think it really matters... yes one will be president, but how much power do they really have? Well, yeah - some... but there is quite a few people a prez has to go verify and runth ings through before anything gets done, or not. (Thank God.)

Personally, I'd rather see W remain, pretty much for the same reason ab1618 posted above.

Old 08-10-2004, 02:50 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: norcaltrojan
...........................So, I'm just gonna stay out of it all together. I will not be held responsible for choosing how the next for years are spent.....
No offense norcaltrojan, but don't you think that's an ignorant thing to say (do)??

Wouldn't it be better to research into both candidate's policies and their records (use independent sources), make an informed decision, and then exercise your right?

I'm not trying to take a stand on either side, but I think we owe it to ourselves to make the best decision (based on our own independent investigations), base our vote on these decisions, and hope for the best. This way we can feel as though we did our part - it is what we have a right (and, in my opinion, an obligation) to do! If we don't participate in a proactive way, then we are acquiescing to the mainstream - this typically leads to apathy and a sense of hopelessness that A4toZ seems to be expressing. (no offense to you either A4toZ.)

I, for one, don't want to be a hypocritical ****-ant three years from now whining about that administration's policies. So I've been reading all the propoganda the left and right put out and I've been reading as much independent sources as possible. I hope I can weed through all the muck, find the truths, and make an intelligent decision in November.

Old 08-10-2004, 05:10 PM
1st Gear

Hopeless? Not I. I'm just saying the prez doesn't have THAT much power to REALLY jack things up... though there were a few in the past that came pretty close.

I'm just thinking the lesser of two evils, and currently that leans me towards Dubya.

Old 08-10-2004, 06:53 PM
1st Gear

Add one more

Michael Badnarik - libertarian
www.lp.org form your own opinion

I know he doesnt have a chance in hell of winning, im tired of voting for the lesser of two evils crap. Although I would vote republican before democrat

Old 08-10-2004, 07:06 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: 1.8t20v
.....Although I would vote republican before democrat
Please don't take this as an intro to an argument, but why such a blanket statement?

Old 08-10-2004, 09:05 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ImolaS4

ORIGINAL: norcaltrojan
...........................So, I'm just gonna stay out of it all together. I will not be held responsible for choosing how the next for years are spent.....
No offense norcaltrojan, but don't you think that's an ignorant thing to say (do)??

Wouldn't it be better to research into both candidate's policies and their records (use independent sources), make an informed decision, and then exercise your right?

I'm not trying to take a stand on either side, but I think we owe it to ourselves to make the best decision (based on our own independent investigations), base our vote on these decisions, and hope for the best. This way we can feel as though we did our part - it is what we have a right (and, in my opinion, an obligation) to do! If we don't participate in a proactive way, then we are acquiescing to the mainstream - this typically leads to apathy and a sense of hopelessness that A4toZ seems to be expressing. (no offense to you either A4toZ.)

I, for one, don't want to be a hypocritical ****-ant three years from now whining about that administration's policies. So I've been reading all the propoganda the left and right put out and I've been reading as much independent sources as possible. I hope I can weed through all the muck, find the truths, and make an intelligent decision in November.
No offense taken. Not surprisingly, I've gotten that response many times before. So to answer your suggestion, I never said I was not voting, I just said I'm not going to vote for a president. I'm not confident enough in either person's policies or stances or whatever to be the beneficiary of my vote. I will still vote, I just do not have any particular interest in seeing any of the favorites (or any of the candidates for that matter) become the next president.

But you do raise a good point. Too many people today are simply not voting because they are too lazy to get off their asses and educate themselves or they think that if you pick one, you have to pick 'em all. What they don't realize is that you do not have to vote for everything on the ballot, you can just vote for the people who will be holding positions in which you have a special interest. I am one of those people who will not be voting on the whole ballot, just the ones that are important to me.

Is that a better answer?

Old 08-10-2004, 10:33 PM
1st Gear

its cool imolas4 im the last person that would argue over politics. I dont think any party is perfect. I do agree with a some things that each stands for. For the things that matter most to me, the dems are furthest from my values and views. Ill leave it at that.

Quick Reply: Bush vs. Kerry