Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cigar lover's thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Guru
Default Cigar lover's thread

The smoker's threads that came up inspired me to make this thread. If your a cigar lover, tell everyone your favorite brand(s), size(s), etc. etc. I'll go first.

My favorite brands have to be the larger C.A.O.'s and Cohiba's. In my opinion, the darker the tobacco, the better.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:59 PM
5th Gear

likewise.

My all time fav. smoke is the Rocky Patel Sungrown. Usually a Petite Corona.
Generally stick with the Rockys, I haven't found anything that tops it. Have a vintage 1990 and a 1992 in my humidor as well. Saving those though, maybe I'll smoke them in another 10 years.

Oh, had a box pressed cigar (another Rocky) not long ago. I really like that shape, easier to hold in your mouth if your hands are busy working on your car.

Heres another idea to add to this thread, post where you get your cigars from. I buy a good portion of my cigars from Famous Smokeshop, they also have a website called www.cigarauctioneer.com basically, ebay for cigars. You can get a bunch of good ones for cheap, or if even cheaper, buy 'seconds' which usually mean a blemish in the cigar that affects looks more than how it smokes.

Another site to check out for reviews and stuff is www.cigarpass.com, and if theres any interest here, we should take their idea... although probably on a smaller scale...

(from cigarpass)

Most Cigar Passes include about 10 - 15 people. Once you get enough people to join your pass, you fill up a box (or tupperware since it's durable and holds humidity well) of cigars, and place a list in the box of all the participants who are involved in the pass. There are many different types of Cigar Passes you can start. Typically you will fill up a box with about 15-20 or so cigars, and then begin the pass.
Once you send out the box of cigars to the first person, he will remove one or more cigars, and replace those with equal or greater valued cigars. That person will then mail the box off to the next person on the list. This will continue all the way down the list, until the box is sent back to you. The purpose of a Cigar Pass is to trade and acquire different types of cigars.

Any interest?

Old 10-30-2008, 06:07 PM
4th Gear

funny you mention this - I was just in the market for a decent humidor and a good sellection of mild cigars to go in it...

know any decent websites for humidors...

got a few good smoke shops around here still - any particular brands to look for?

oops - missed Achttung's post - thanks!

Last edited by Palindari™; 10-30-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:17 PM

im adventurous, every time i go to smoke i have to try a different one, there is a cigar shop/lounge near my house that has a pretty good selection, i even started using pipe tabacco for the many different flavors, the smoke is is starting to grow on me and i use it more and more.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:20 PM
3rd Gear

Palindari, check out cubancrafters for a good inexpensive humidor.
I got one for $70 there. This one in fact: http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/2633

I am looking at www.cigarbids.com to re-stock. Right now I'm down to 5 good cigars.

Last edited by Bogie; 10-30-2008 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:31 PM
4th Gear

Hey, Bogie!

Thanks - just ordered it - now I gotta go find me some stogies to stuff in it in about 5 days

Any suggestions on some real mild, lightly sweet cigars?

Old 10-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Guru

I like mild Cohibas. The only bad part is they're like $10-$13. C.A.O. Cirillo (hope I got the name right, it's something close to that) are pretty good. I just had one today and of course the old stand-by is Macanudo. I also have a confession to make, I too like pipes. I might get one soon.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:47 PM
5th Gear

Yeesh, in Cuba I tried a puff of a cigar... Monte Cristo, a little one (little bigger than a cigarette). So, me, used to the greener side of things, inhaled. And then coughed. And then wanted to claw my throat out. Apparently most people don't inhale? I was too burned to try another puff for the "flavor".

I did bring back a Monte Cristo #3 (I think #3... a big one), and some smaller romeo y julieta's back for a friend of mine who smokes 'em, though.

My next trip is to Jamaica.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:51 PM
4th Gear

Hmmm... just can't come to terms declaring myself a "pipe smoker" if you know what I mean lol

Old 10-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Guru

Yeah your not supposed to inhale but I know people that inhale the gas station ones. AchTTung, I think the cigar pass is an awesome idea. Please PM me more of the details and maybe we can get one together.

Quick Reply: Cigar lover's thread