Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cingular scammed me

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP
Default cingular scammed me

bought a new motorola razor phone & upgraded my plan to add more minutes. (I had to wait a week to get it) I get home and start playing around with it and find someone elses addresses and pictures are already in the phone. WTF. i thought this was a new phone. i even specifically asked if it was new because they had it transferred from another store (cuz they were out of them.) It was in the box, but usually new phones are wrapped in plastic and the charger cord is twister tied neatly, etc. Isnt it illegal to sell something as new when in fact it is not. so im mad. going back today to tell them they have 3 options.
1. give me the phone for free
2. give me full refund, cancel my upgrade & reactivate my old phone ( ill go to another store or buy it online)
3. give me a NEW phone for 20% off.
i think those are reasonable options.

Old 10-01-2005, 01:25 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: cingular scammed me

I think you should do what Jazz would want you to do... and punch 'em in the throat.

Old 10-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: kelly

bought a new motorola razor phone & upgraded my plan to add more minutes. (I had to wait a week to get it) I get home and start playing around with it and find someone elses addresses and pictures are already in the phone. WTF. i thought this was a new phone. i even specifically asked if it was new because they had it transferred from another store (cuz they were out of them.) It was in the box, but usually new phones are wrapped in plastic and the charger cord is twister tied neatly, etc. Isnt it illegal to sell something as new when in fact it is not. so im mad. going back today to tell them they have 3 options.
1. give me the phone for free
2. give me full refund, cancel my upgrade & reactivate my old phone ( ill go to another store or buy it online)
3. give me a NEW phone for 20% off.
i think those are reasonable options.
4. Punch in the THROAT!!! & give you a NEW phone for 20% off.
5. Tear one of their arms off and beat 'em wit da WET END!!! Then give you full refund, cancel your upgrade & reactivate your old phone.
6. Midieval cure for VD (lay your d!<& on a table and someone WHACKS IT wit a 5lb wooden mallet), AND a free phone.

Old 10-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Site Moderator

Call up Cingular customer service and tell them what happened. They have some serious plans that you will never hear about. Me and a friend both got a free $300 phone and 3,000 anytime minutes for $30 a month. I never go to the stores.

Edit- Then go back to the store and give them a karate chop to the throat.

Old 10-01-2005, 05:21 PM
6th Gear

3000 anytime minutes for $30? how how???

Old 10-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

i called the 800 # and ask the gut what he can do for me and he says "you can take it back and get a new one" so i say ," well duh, what are you gonna do. i think i deserve more than the obvious. so he says he can waive the $18 connect fee. wow what a deal. i say nevermind, i'll deal with the ******** at the store. not very helpful. i'll try again on monday, talk to different rep & ask for supervisor.
youl'd think they would be more willing to please with all the competition. had their service for many many years.

Old 10-02-2005, 12:08 AM
Administrator

threaten to sue.. for illegal sales or something to that effect.. tell them your in the process of contacting your lawyer.. they should bend over backwards.. if they dont get a lawyer to threaten them

Old 10-02-2005, 02:52 AM
4th Gear

there are probably a bunch of laws on the books that are supposted to protect the rights of all the peoples names in that phone. I don't quite know what I would do about that. but its just a thought.

Old 10-02-2005, 03:09 AM
3rd Gear

If they explicitly informed you that it was a brand new phone, and you had entered into an agreement to purchase a new phone under that understanding, then their actions can technically be argued as fraudulent.

However, it would surely be a hassle to pursue it legally. I wouldn't bother. I would just go direct to senior management at corporate. If they play hardball just casually mention going to the media and you will most likely get what you want.

I would except nothing less than a free new razor and two years free unlimited coverage.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Old 10-02-2005, 04:05 AM
Administrator

free coverage for life.. and free upgrades is what i would go for.. but you gotta shoot high, when your bargaining..

Quick Reply: cingular scammed me