Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Counter Strike: Source

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 05:31 AM
1st Gear
Default Counter Strike: Source

any around here play CS:S?

Just wondering, cause ill own ya

Old 08-04-2005, 05:33 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Counter Strike: Source

i never played it though but im suprised that game lasted this long

Old 08-04-2005, 05:37 AM
1st Gear

here is the story, CS is a mod of the game half life....now CS 1.6 came out a lonngggggg time ago. that game was a peice of $hit. then HL2 came out not long ago. and then CS:S came out as a mod of HL2...i think that the new CS:S is a very good game. the thing that i like is that it is constantly being updated so glitches and such can be fixed.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:41 AM
Administrator

i kno wut it is, i never played it really though,
i had no high speed DSL and a crappy video card
and i did not want to go to one of those PC CAFEs and pay for it

i remember that game casued alot of problems
some lame asses got so into it they fought over that shiiit

Old 08-04-2005, 05:53 AM

CS is POS.

Old 08-04-2005, 07:07 AM
VII
1st Gear

haha damnn...i remember 1.1 that **** was fun. also 1.3 with bunny hopping haha. was in a couple of cal-i clans for a bit. got really bored of it though, stopped playing at v. 1.5 and now dont have a computer good enough to run it without lag and such.

Old 08-04-2005, 11:52 AM
2nd Gear

hhahaha i played cs back then too when it was still beta...hahaha good times. yea i remember hearing about fool's getting into fights for that stuff. i was even part of a CS clan. hahah...havne't played it for like 3 or 4 years but it was fun back then.

Old 08-04-2005, 12:19 PM
5th Gear

1.6 is much better than source, IMO... Source doesnt run as smooth, lots of glitchiness... I have both, and when I wanna play, it's 1.6 for me. :P

Old 08-04-2005, 02:45 PM
1st Gear

yea i play occassionaly.. i help run a server also..i haven't played much.. my tolerance for morons in the game got reeeal low lol.. hit me up for the ip if u want.

Old 08-04-2005, 03:29 PM
2nd Gear

I used to play another mod called FireArms. It was sort of like CS, but people were a bit harder to kill, and it was way more realistic. All the guns had thier ejection ports on the correct side (CS changed it to left hand side so that it would look cooler to have ejected brass flying across the screen), and more teamwork was required. Anyone who shoots real guns knows that hot brass is not something you want flying in your direction, even more so in your face. The 'I've-got-a-.45-shell-down-my-shirt-and-it's-hot!' dance isn't all its made out to be.

Then I switched over to CS for a little bit and started pwning because I was used to the harder gameplay of FireArms. I never joined a clan, but I also tried to steer away from clan servers because I knew that alot of the time, the members are going to exploit and get away with it. Maybe I was afraid of losing. I also played CS:S after I beat HL2... to me it was the same game with better graphics. I was really suprised I got it to run smoothly and still look good. HL2 was a humbling experience between me and my computer because I could no longer set all the graphics up to the highest settings and expect it to run.

Quick Reply: Counter Strike: Source