Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

decent place to live in MD....

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 02:52 AM
Default RE: decent place to live in MD....

That's true, I forgot that he mentioned that.

Yeah I would agree, Frederick is a pretty nice area, not *horrible* prices and still a decent ways out of the DC congestion but still having all of the comforts of living in a larger city.

Old 01-05-2006, 02:59 AM
Senior Administrator

lower crime rate than closer in to either of teh beltways, too

BTW, Dan, how's your Spanish? Might wanna brush up on it if you wanna get what you order at our local fast-food resturants...

Oh, and, FTR, slugging is for folks coming in from the deep, deep DEEP 'burbs. The semi-cities out beyond teh rural areas beytond teh 'burbs. CLoser in it Busses, Metro, or drive what ya got. I don't think you guys in teh Philly area have people commuting 40-50-60 miles ONE WAY, to get into the city, do ya?

Old 01-05-2006, 02:59 AM
dan
2nd Gear

awesome, thanks guys. I have a lot of food for thought. Now to see what I can manage to pry out of the bosses fingers as far as relo and salary packages go

Old 01-05-2006, 03:06 AM
dan
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

lower crime rate than closer in to either of teh beltways, too

BTW, Dan, how's your Spanish? Might wanna brush up on it if you wanna get what you order at our local fast-food resturants...

Oh, and, FTR, slugging is for folks coming in from the deep, deep DEEP 'burbs. The semi-cities out beyond teh rural areas beytond teh 'burbs. CLoser in it Busses, Metro, or drive what ya got. I don't think you guys in teh Philly area have people commuting 40-50-60 miles ONE WAY, to get into the city, do ya?
heh I can swear in spanish and ask for head, thats about it :P

Some people travel that far, but for the most part they'd probably drive 1/2 way and catch regional rail the rest.

Old 01-05-2006, 10:45 AM

i live in the metro baltimore area, columbia is a about 20-30 mins from my house, but i live in north baltimore county. I think looking in baltimore county would be your best bet as it still offers somewhat affordable prices in comparison to howard county. If you want to live close to work try jessup, burtonsville, ellicott city, and maybe catonsville. If you dont mind the commute i highly reccomend middle river, essex, nottingham, and or parkville. Those areas are all very close to 95 and middle river and essex are the best investments in real estate in the area. Middle river has 80 million dollars currently being dumped into it as per a gsa report i manges to google off the web. I currently am buying a new build 2 car garage luxury townhouse that i paid a little under 300k for, i bought it in phase one of construction though and prices have already escalated and demand is out of control (they are releasing about 10 homes at a time and they are 100+- people outside waiting for them). These areas are currently under going major revitilazation and are set to be the most desired place to live in the metro baltimore area. but thats my 2 cents.

Old 01-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Senior Administrator

OK, go with Ray! He has the best, most current, closest in information, it would seem.

Thanks Ray. Good lookin out

Old 01-05-2006, 05:45 PM
dan
2nd Gear

I just did a quick search for places available in those areas, looks like we have some decent places in essex that we'll probably go look at once the "deal is struck" so to speak.

Thanks again guys, when/if we get settled in, I'll have a BBQ or something and we can all have a drink

Old 01-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Senior Administrator

SWEET!!! SO, amke sure you pick a neighborhood with lotsa hotties!!!