Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Demoted....

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Default Demoted....

Well today I was given some crappy news that I will be demoted. My demotion would take me from a Manager position to outside sales and less pay. Really it was uncalled for except for wanting to promote someone else. Anyhow, this job has really been screwing me and I just can't take a demotion since I drive an hour one way and it's just more of bending over for them. I think I will tell them to shove it tomorrow but I need unemployment and I'm hearing that refusing a demotion is like quitting. F'n jobs really like to dick you, so now they just won't up and fire you. Any ideas? I know, yea just be happy to have a job right? If you have gone through the crap I have then you might see it differently. So please just some options and no flaming. I'm in a down mood chuckies.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:31 PM

You said it yourself. You should be happy to have a job.

I've been unemployed since February. It ******* sucks. Unemployment is HIGHLY overrated.

If you want to quit, fine. Don't quit till you have another JOB lined up. Anything else is a stupid move in this economy.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Guru

Well at least you ain't dead.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:40 PM

You missed the point. Is a demotion grounds for firing because that is what he said was my option if I did not take the demotion. Or is demotion and refusal to accept it, in fact quitting on my part?

Old 11-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Guru

It depends on the laws of the state. In an "At Will" state they are grounds for firing. Because in an "At Will" state they can fire you for any other reason other than race, sex, creed, sexual orientation (I believe), and color.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:47 PM

Alright thanks. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear the news. I think you should stick with it for now while looking for a better job. Then you tell them to shove it.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Interceptor
You missed the point. Is a demotion grounds for firing because that is what he said was my option if I did not take the demotion. Or is demotion and refusal to accept it, in fact quitting on my part?
I guess it depends on if the company deems your refusal to take the demotion as insubordinate and that insubordination justifies them terminating your employment, then that could be classified "firing" you. but at the same time they could say that you were given 2 options, and you chose opt. b

opt. a - take the demotion
opt. b - refuse and accept termination

opt. b could easily be viewed as quitting, even tho you technically didn't walk in one day and say "I Quit"

idk dude, tough to call...

depends on how ethical this company, or your boss, is willing to be...

Old 11-03-2009, 01:13 AM
Administrator

how about u take the demotion and just work half *** until they can you

Old 11-03-2009, 05:51 AM

Yea this company is very un-ethical and I've heard of them firing people and then telling unemployment a lie so they were denied benefits. The sad part is besides being demoralizing, is that really I've done nothing wrong lol. Matter of fact I should be given a raise. It's the last quarter of the year and I haven't been touched yet out of 17 managers in the area. They just want to make changes for no reason. That's what they do. I have to decide today If I can handle a someone with no managers experience becoming my boss and then in turn I have to teach them after being humiliated. Tough.

Quick Reply: Demoted....