Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dog owners?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 08:35 PM
4th Gear
Default Dog owners?

Lately Ive been seriously considering getting another dog and doing research as to what to look out for. Just wondering what kind of experience you dog owners have had if any when bringing a new pup home to your current dog. My dog is about to turn 2 on Memorial Day so I figure she's matured a good amount to except a male pup.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:43 PM
Default RE: Dog owners?

I always get 2 of the same but neutered but they still screw each other

Old 04-19-2007, 08:43 PM
5th Gear

get a Rottweiler. they are the sweetest and most amazing dogs you will ever find. they are great withother dogs, especially puppies (they think they are still puppies when they are like6 years old lol). they're playful and think they are lap dogs even when they weigh 180 lbs[8D] not so great aroundold people tho. they are huge and dont know there own strength and whenthey getexcited they tend to wave their arms around. if he hits you you'll just get a surface scratch but with old people they can break skin really easily, which is why my grandma stays away frommine lol. and they scare off anybody you dont likeyou might have to end up paying for hip surgery depending on the size (more common in males) but to me its a small price to pay for the best breed of dog in the world. i just wish dogs lived longer[&o]why the **** do parrots get to live to 80 and dogs only 10-15

Old 04-19-2007, 08:50 PM
4th Gear

I agree with the age I found out recently that tarantulas live for like 60+ years.

I couldn't have a rot because they are to big for the place I live in now. Im 98% sure im getting another pit because theydont get to big (just heavy), they are very affectionateand hyper which works out perfect for my personality. I have been looking at rescue sites on-line a lot.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:55 PM

I have 2 sausage dogs and they bite bloody sods but I love em

Old 04-19-2007, 08:57 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

I have 2 sausage dogs and they bite bloody sods but I love em
lol I always wanted to put a hot dog bun costume on 1 of those dogs.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:59 PM
5th Gear

ya if i couldn't have a rotti i would get a pit. they are a little more active than rotti's but not as sweet. and i like a dog i can chill with by the tv just relaxin

Old 04-19-2007, 09:00 PM
3rd Gear

We have a Chihuahua. Very well mannered dog unlike most small dogs. He's very obedient and doesn't bark much, if at all. Though they can be yappers. One of my friends has one and her dog won't shutup when you come near it, though friendly.

Our really good friends have purebred Akita. Amazing dog and they can be very smart.

Not theirs but a random Akita photo;

This one is very similar to theirs but little less white on the chest;

Another dog to consider would be the Boxer.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:00 PM

I tried that and they still bite lol

Old 04-19-2007, 09:09 PM
4th Gear

I was looking at huskies also mainly because of those ice blue eyes and the white ones remind me of the wolf/shepard I had as a kid. Boxers are on the list too. What ive been looking at is this bully breed rescue site that has all kinds of different mixes. The only thing that turns me away from something like a husky or akita is the long hair everywhere. My dog Jazmine sheds but it looks like eyelashes.

Quick Reply: Dog owners?