Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Down with speed limits!!! ... Err... I mean, Up.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 09:15 PM
5th Gear
Default Down with speed limits!!! ... Err... I mean, Up.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ditation+speed

Old 03-05-2006, 08:40 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Down with speed limits!!! ... Err... I mean, Up.

That's an awesome video. If they would have kept that up for more than an hour, news choppers would have got it on tape... That's some funny ****...

Old 03-05-2006, 08:57 PM
5th Gear

They make a very good point though, and found a clever (albeit frustrating) way to make it.
If they could do it everyday, it would likely have a real impact, that would spark change. Afterall, they aren't breaking the law... so they could technically do it everday... the concern, of course, is that they'd literally be risking their lives. Road rage is serious!

Old 03-05-2006, 09:28 PM
2nd Gear

Granted the said that the speed limit was 55, and they were doing 50. I've become so used to the "Speed Limit", that when people do anything less than the max Limit, it's annoying as all get out...

Anyways, they made a good point, makes me want to try it sometime... Probably good for a laugh on I-5...

Old 03-05-2006, 09:58 PM
2nd Gear

Roflmao....haha that was F'in Great.... I sooo wanna do this now. Will have to talk with some friends lol.

Old 03-05-2006, 10:02 PM
5th Gear

Haha watch out though... might wanna pack your nine

Old 03-05-2006, 10:27 PM
1st Gear

If these guys are following every single fukin law then I would give 2 thumbs up for doing this, but I doubt it. So if I was behind these guys I would follow them and beat their asses.

Old 03-05-2006, 11:29 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Dr!ven

If these guys are following every single fukin law then I would give 2 thumbs up for doing this, but I doubt it. So if I was behind these guys I would follow them and beat their asses.
Well yeah, it would indeed **** you off to be behind them... I am sure it would **** them all off. But that is sort of their point man... they are fighting for the same thing we all want. They make a good point: drive 75 and nothing happens... drive 80 and you get a ticket for doing 25 over... while the people going 5mph slower than you get away with it. The speed limits are OLD... they need to be updated.

Old 03-06-2006, 12:25 AM
2nd Gear

depends on the state. Some states require that slower traffic keep right. Other states, lie california, require that you pull over and let the other cars pass if there are 5 or more cars directly behind you because you are obstructing traffic.

But if they dont have either of those laws in their area, and they go 50, it's completely legal.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:03 AM
1st Gear

Yea guys, 85/285 is the worst speeding road in ATL. Its hillarious cause I def. recognize the exit where they filmed that last scene. Sucks I missed it, I woulda gone out there to cheered them on!

Quick Reply: Down with speed limits!!! ... Err... I mean, Up.