Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dreaming again

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Default dreaming again

very comforting by the way and lots of what you want but how does the mind contour up all the buildings and the real life experience we feel till we wake up, 3d is a joke for the mind because it feels like real life but we are asleep so we think, very curious..

I have my thoughts and ideas but whats your experiences

Old 02-11-2007, 07:01 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: dreaming again

Pass the pipe, dude...[&:]

Old 02-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Site Moderator

Dave, are you drinking? Smoking pot? Something else? I think your sanity is running on Empty lately... Check yourself into the nearest brain clinic and have them do a full scan. Report back with any fault codes stored.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

Pass the pipe, dude...[&:]

Old 02-12-2007, 12:14 AM
4th Gear

do they let people in the looney bin on internet forums ?

Old 02-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Zombie Defense Force

dave better hope not

Old 02-12-2007, 01:25 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: vnv727

come on know, i understood what he meant...hes not remotely crazy...maybe u all need to lay off the pot so u can comprhend better[8D]
Please, enlighten us.

We've got a translator!

Old 02-12-2007, 02:35 AM
1st Gear

man I wish I had some peyote...
http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/lsd/doors.htm
as long as this is a random 'when is reality real?' thread, lucid dreaming is sosweet,has anyone had any lucid dreams? I've started a couple, but I always wake up when I try to use things in them. what techniques does anyone try? oris this toorandom for an AF thread...

Old 02-12-2007, 03:28 AM
2nd Gear

who was it that said ..... " I had a dream that I was a butterfly ... and then I thought am I a man that dremt of being a butterfly or a butterfly dreaming about beng a man " .............. or something close to this

Old 02-12-2007, 04:34 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: InExile
who was it that said ..... " I had a dream that I was a butterfly ... and then I thought am I a man that dremt of being a butterfly or a butterfly dreaming about beng a man " .............. or something close to this
"I had a dream, that I was a butterfly, which had a dream, that was Lao Tzu, dreaming he was a butterfly, and I don't know which of them am I"
It's got to do with Taoism.

Okay so here's the sleep cycle...

Stage 1: Light sleep, you can be easily woken up at this point.
Stage 2: Deeper sleep, but can still be readily awakened.
Stage 3: Deep sleep(delta sleep/slow wave sleep), difficult to awaken.
Stage 4: Deepest level of sleep.

You sleep from stage 1 to stage 4. After stage 4 you briefly recycle through stages 3 and 2, from there you enter REM sleep.
This whole process takes approximately a hour and a half. So during a typical full nights rest, you would be having REM sleep 4-5 times.

REM(Rapid Eye Movement) sleep: At this point your brain becomes more active, but muscle activity is blocked.
The longer you sleep the longer REM sleep gets. This can also be called active/paradoxical sleep, and is associated with dreaming.
Dreams do also occur during stages 1-4 but, are generally briefer, less frequent, and more thought-like than those experienced during REM sleep.

Why do we dream?
Well the best answer I've heard is the Activation-Synthesis Hypothesis.
Which claims that the brainstem randomly generates discharges of electrical activity. With these random, electrical signals the cerebral cortex attempts to create meaning.
These meanings get clumped together if you will, and integrate personal memories and stored information into dream stories, during REM sleep.

Hope that helps, sweet dreams!

Quick Reply: dreaming again