Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Future Breeding?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 10:50 AM
Banned
Default Future Breeding?

I am brand new to this hobby. I don’t even have frogs yet. I thoroughly enjoyed creating my first vivarium, and am already planning more.
Before I purchase any frogs, I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts on breeding are. Is it fun, or stressful? Easy to sell froglets, or do you just end up with a million of your own? Is it profitable, or does it end up costing more than you make? Will local exotic pet stores buy them? I’m a web designer, I could set up my own website to sell and ship them, but how much interest is there in the hobby in general?
The only reason I’m asking this early is to kind of gauge how many of each type of frog to buy. I am fully aware that I can’t mix species, and that it takes varying amounts of time for different species to reach breeding age. While my viv is starting up, I have at least a month or so to consider my options. But, if I decide not to breed, I will get all males.
Just curious what the general consensus is. Sorry I have so many questions! I just don’t ever want to end up with eggs or tadpoles that I have to cull, nor do I want an entire house full of frogs.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Old 09-30-2021, 11:53 AM
1st Gear

Hello. We are glad to see you in our hobby. I wish you to breed as many cute animals as possible and create an arboretum of your dreams. I already have three frogs and five turtles in my collection. I watch them very carefully and feed them. I also have a couple of hamsters at home. but a very interesting case happened to them in general. I then decided to once again order a frog(an exotic one from far away Russia), but for some reason the parcel came to me with hamsters. I was very surprised. It turned out that there was some kind of problem with Internet receipts on the Internet. Of course, I also love hamsters, but since then I have been constantly using one beautiful website. who constantly explains to me how to make check stubs online