Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the girlfriend's family

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Banned
Default the girlfriend's family

my gf and i live together and it seems her mom and sister like to call her on an almost daily basis. sometimes they call her several times a day. what i don't like about it is:
1-the time it takes away from us.
2-shealmost always gets depressed or moody after she speaks with them.
3-i can sense that her family is always prying into our lives and they should just get a life of their own.
4-i've never known anyone who is so attached to their family. it's just seems creepy and intrusive.

how do i deal or cope with the bs from the "inlaws"? i'm at wits end and my gf won't listen to me when i tell her that her mom and sister are creeping me the fvck out. [:@]

Old 07-09-2007, 10:26 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: the girlfriend's family

Nothing you can do, i am in same situation, but now my girlfriend is wanting to get away too. Over time, they eventually see the light!

Old 07-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Banned

i despise the imposing. if the gf and i had a house, her mom and sister would probably invite themselves over for a week or two.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:14 AM
1st Gear

Got that.

My wife has 3 sisters, all have been married at least once, all have at least one kid, her parents have been divorced and remarried to her step parents. It's a big group with a lot of DRAMA.

What you should do is be on her side. Be supportive when you can. Offer advice if you have it. Share the similarities in the family issues you have.

The more you two become a "team", the more likely you willshare thesame issues, views, resolutions, etc. and not only will you get what you want, but you'll be a hero doing it.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Adam in CO

Got that.

My wife has 3 sisters, all have been married at least once, all have at least one kid, her parents have been divorced and remarried to her step parents. It's a big group with a lot of DRAMA.

What you should do is be on her side. Be supportive when you can. Offer advice if you have it. Share the similarities in the family issues you have.

The more you two become a "team", the more likely you willshare thesame issues, views, resolutions, etc. and not only will you get what you want, but you'll be a hero doing it.
i just want her family to leave her alone, or at least to NOT phone her 3 times a day to chit chat about BS. her mom and sister can yak your ears off with non stop BS. whenever she's off the phone she's worked up with drivel that is meaningless.

when i spoke about this with her she just thought i hated her family. i just think her family shouldn't smother her every single moment of the day, especially just to chit chat.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:49 AM

THere is no way you will stop them chatting about bs. Never!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

Adam in Co is right about the "team" thing. have you tried talking to her about it? just remember it has to be in a positive way. "i like how close you are to your family.... but it makes me feel left out" or "i can see how your mom's/sister's problems worry/concern you...but it leaves a burdon on your shoulders that you shouldn't have to carry."

inlaw problems (married or not) are the BIGGEST factors that interrupt a relationship. just try your best to say how you feel and always remember: it's ok forHER to say bad things about her family, but NOT YOU! hang in there. and just think...if you can overcome this, you can overcome just about anything else that will come your way.

best of luck.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Mac_17

THere is no way you will stop them chatting about bs. Never!!!!!!!!!!!
ha!

Old 07-09-2007, 12:47 PM
2nd Gear

I'm in the same boat on the same raging river....hahahah...GF talks to her Dad and sister every friggin day. They have a super close relationship andI have made it known that they shouldnt call us on the weekend becasue both her and I work a lot and we only get to hang out on weekends. Her Dad respects this but her stupid sister does'nt. All you can do is hope they grow out of it. After several arguments I dont even try anymore.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:10 PM
3rd Gear

If she won't listen to you about it then maybe thats a sign. walk up to her, whip your **** out, and say bitch you betta lisen before I smack you across da face wit dis. maybe thats not the best move but the look on her face would be priceless. two things youc an do - #1 - fight it and fight it - won't change a thing #2 deal with it, women are women

Quick Reply: the girlfriend's family