Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Got fired from my Job

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Got fired from my Job

ORIGINAL: Grouse

If it was me.

I'd take your uncles offer under these restrictions. You work only as a mechanic. and your get time off for mechanic school. Then go to mechanical school and then become an audi tech.
And work on OUR cars at cost

Old 05-02-2006, 11:01 PM
2nd Gear

**** that. I'd pay good money to have a reputable guy work on it. I don't expect cut rate., just solid work.

Old 05-02-2006, 11:05 PM
Senior Administrator

Well, me too, but, if I CAN get it at cost

Old 05-02-2006, 11:07 PM
Administrator

i love it i dont get charge labor, its the best when it comes to paint jobs
but yea i would love to jump into body work like my uncle, i have this crazy idea for my car

Old 05-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Administrator

yeah.. and if you get good You could really make some good money

Old 05-02-2006, 11:11 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

yeah.. and if you get good You could really make some good money
i was just think of just doin it as a hobby u kno casue my my major is gonna be finance/accounting

Old 05-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Administrator

hmm running your own shop sound like a good idea?

Old 05-02-2006, 11:52 PM
4th Gear

Panda what was your exact title? You like Chicago? (lol) I'll be recruiting someone for a new position in FALL to take my old title.

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

well i am now a BUM, i got fired on Sunday[:@]
It wasnt my fault though, i was getting screwed on my Hourly wages and i was talkin to the owner and she said thats it, she said i was cheating her and thats it im fired, but in reality i was not cheater her and she was cheating me. I am mad casue i been working there for almost 2 years and i did nothin but work hard and show respect to her and the managers. Im the kind of guy that you can trust all i do is work and mind my own business but hey its her loss anyways

Im lookin for a job now, me not working is like me not breathing, i need to work and keep busy

so far my uncle offered me a job as a mechanic AGAIN which i might take up this time, last time it didnt work out because he was gonna train me when i finished all the office work and help his wife but there was so much work that i never was able to leave the office[:@]

and theres a job opening i might get if this person doesnt follow through in this small business

Old 05-03-2006, 12:11 AM
2nd Gear

I'm in a similar situation with the hourly thing, except that my manager is cheating the owner by giving more hours on my card than I actually worked. The owner won't approve raises, but my boss wants me to have one, so she 'made' one. I'm quitting when school ends and taking up full time demolition over the summer for $10/hr under the table on top of 16 hours on the weekend at the go kart track as a mechanic. My race team will also start getting off the ground soon too.

Old 05-03-2006, 10:59 AM

that sucks, hopefully you have some cash put away for something like this. I have always feared not having money and managed to build a large buffer that if i lost my job or the biz failed i can still live normally. but i wouldnt worry, something will come along. if you were in baltimore i'd give you a job.

Quick Reply: Got fired from my Job