Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Gun modding

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 05:16 PM
2nd Gear
Default Gun modding

Wow, I thought car modding was expensive....gun modding is outrageous for AR 15 rifles. There are sights more expensive than the gun itself. I recently took a training course for tactical entries, searches etc with my Colt M4. I am issued the basic M4 no night sights just bare bones M4. I have noticed that when I deploy the weapon at night I can't see a damn thing until I switch to large aperture and even then not much. I am waiting for my department to approve EOTech red dot sights and as soon as they do, I am getting one. I was curious if any other gun enthusiasts on the forum had experience with reflex/red dot sights and had recommendations. Until then I have ordered a new forearm, tactical grip, tactical light, and pressure switch. I will be curious to see how the front grip enhances my firing/acuracy because I have heard mixed stories, of course it depends on the shooter. In the end it will be a great set up for tactical entries and building searches. Kinda hard to enter with a mag light and m4 lol and no I don't actually do that.

The sight I plan on getting in the future, package deal for $485 which is sight and mount

http://www.houtsenterprises.com/product80.html

Here are the items I bought, came to about $350,

handguard, 4 rail mounts

Tactical grip

Tactical light

and a few other accessories to make it work

In the end my weapon will be set up like this, but with a different handguard,light, and no scope, ill post pics when i get it all set up. Definately looks badass SWAT style, I think most bad guys will comply when confronted with this set up.

Maybe a gun rack for the Audi? nahhhhhhhhh

Old 02-14-2008, 05:25 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Gun modding

thats nuts,but i would LOOOOVE to have an M4, or a g3 from H&K or the G36C from them, all beutiful

Old 02-14-2008, 05:38 PM
SoCal Crew Member

My bro in law got his AR15 about 6 months ago, thing is sweet. He has yet to take me to a gun range and shoot it. He had to get certified for it to carry it in his squad car

Old 02-14-2008, 06:05 PM
SoCal Crew Member

EOTech sights are very nice. I would go with the 552 series if you want to have a solid sight but not spend a fortune on it.

Other than that, everything looks pizazz.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:42 PM
2nd Gear

Really? Even if I never plan on having a night vision system with it? The only differences I found were that the 552 has greater water depth and NV settings.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:02 PM
2nd Gear

The scope on my .22 rifle cost more than the .22 itself. I think it was $450.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:14 PM
1st Gear

My sisters father-in-law has a farm and a stock pile of guns. He has an AR15 with a red dot site on it. I couldn't miss with it. I was in the bullseye with every shot... even from the hip at 20m. I was an expert marksman in the USMC though so I felt very comfortable with the weapon. I like the Surefires for lights. I'd like to mount one on the picanny on my P345, but for now I just have a hand held one that I keep by the bed for emergencies (i.e. earthquakes, power outages... etc...). The tactical mount ones are pricey (for a flashlight), but that **** will blind ya! Especially if you hit someone in the face with it in the dark. I swear it might knock someone off their feet before a bullet does.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:22 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: Notahondaowner

Really? Even if I never plan on having a night vision system with it? The only differences I found were that the 552 has greater water depth and NV settings.
Sure, I used to rock mine without a night sight until I had to sell it. My friend still has his and has no plans of putting night sights behind it. It's a great sight, especially if you're doing water entries (that'd be a fun job)

I also like 'em because even if the glass is cracked, you can still use them to aim.

I agree with the Surefire lights, but they are a bit pricey unless you get like a G2 or something. [&:]

Old 02-16-2008, 07:17 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Ewwww... AR's[:'(]

Old 02-17-2008, 03:37 AM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: CLX

Ewwww... AR's[:'(]
I see your gross and raise you the Cali Legal AR's...

Grossssssss [:'(][:'(][:'(]

Quick Reply: Gun modding