Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guy wants to buy my car... but WHAT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 02:40 AM
Default Guy wants to buy my car... but WHAT?

The message says this:

"Hello I am willing to buy your car the only thing is I would like to make payments of 400 a month if possible. I cannot get financing due to the fact that I have no credit, because I am 18 years old. I have a good paying job thought at Albertsons that pays 1200 a month. So if you an I could come to a formal agreement that would be fine with me. I would not run out on you or skip town or anything because I live with my mom in South San Jose and don’t plan to leave. I am basically a struggling college student at De anza college .You can keep the pink slip so it would still be in your name until the car is paid off. That way I don’t screw you, if I decide to steal the car I would pay insurance and everything. So basically if you are interested in this type of payment then ok if not I am sorry for wasting your time. My name is Joelle and feel free to email me at Joelleearle@yahoo.com I would really like this car because I have had too many old used cars already and they have too many problems. I forgot to add that I would also be able to pay you $3000 extra by the end of July only because I got a track scholarship from the Charlie Wedymeyer foundation and I could show you the proof and everything that way I am not paying the car off forever. If you are not interested again I am sorry I wasted your time. Its just that I am desperate for a nice car."

I dont know what to think of this...

Old 05-08-2006, 02:54 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Guy wants to buy my car... but WHAT?

thats actually kinda funny... but yea sounds a bit shady

Old 05-08-2006, 03:06 AM

He sounds pretty honest and I feel bad... but I want the money up front.

Old 05-08-2006, 03:19 AM
4th Gear

Don't do it. If he doesn't have the money to buy the car, then he doesn't have the money to make it right if something goes wrong.

Old 05-08-2006, 03:22 AM
Administrator

stupid and shiet
its so broad and stamped, he doesnt mention what kind of car or anything about the car
he didnt calculate the amount of time it would take to pay off, he only mention 400 a month

and i love thos quote

That way I don’t screw you, if I decide to steal the car I would pay insurance and everything.

Old 05-08-2006, 05:02 AM
5th Gear

just be like hell yea ill take payments and yea you can pay me $3000 extra but im holding on to the car till i get all the money..... i got a very similar email back when i was sellin my truck i wouldnt buy his ****

Old 05-08-2006, 12:08 PM
5th Gear

this isn't necessarily a 'scam'....more like a kid who can't get a loan...i don't think he would try to screw you, but he may end up unintentionally screwing you..i would decline the offer, but you don't have to be a d!ck about it

Old 05-08-2006, 12:29 PM
2nd Gear

Now thats the dumbest thing I ever heard...

Old 05-08-2006, 04:37 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: bentframe

this isn't necessarily a 'scam'....
Course it is. That's why he doesn't mention the type of car, the number of payments, the total price, or anything specific about this car vs others, not to mention that he doesn't ask anything about the car, like a person who actually wanted to buy it would. That's so he can send the same email to 500 other people hoping he'll get a bite. If you do, odds are he'll send you a check written for higher than the amount agreed upon and he'll ask you to send him money back for the difference. By the time your bank realizes that his check was fraudulent, he (and his free, no verification required Yahoo mail account) will be long gone. The reason he gives such an odd scenario in the very beginning is to weed out the smart people. If you're dumb enough to agree to a seller carry on a car, then you're probably dumb enough to say, "oh sure you sent me a $1000 check, yeah, I can send you $600 back." I have seen it numerous times...

Old 05-08-2006, 05:12 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

ORIGINAL: bentframe

this isn't necessarily a 'scam'....
Course it is. That's why he doesn't mention the type of car, the number of payments, the total price, or anything specific about this car vs others, not to mention that he doesn't ask anything about the car, like a person who actually wanted to buy it would. That's so he can send the same email to 500 other people hoping he'll get a bite. If you do, odds are he'll send you a check written for higher than the amount agreed upon and he'll ask you to send him money back for the difference. By the time your bank realizes that his check was fraudulent, he (and his free, no verification required Yahoo mail account) will be long gone. The reason he gives such an odd scenario in the very beginning is to weed out the smart people. If you're dumb enough to agree to a seller carry on a car, then you're probably dumb enough to say, "oh sure you sent me a $1000 check, yeah, I can send you $600 back." I have seen it numerous times...

i've seen plenty of scams, and this one doesn't seem like the typical scam email. i doubt he's a scammer, just a kid who's not too bright