Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hating Ricers

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 05:29 PM
Default RE: Hating Ricers

here is the defination from urbandictionary.com
1. ricer
(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

Old 04-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Senior Administrator

OHHHH! NOW I gettit. It's for PUSHING. So, instead of "carrying" the car back to their caves, they use those ridiculously high appendages to "push" them home. That makes more sense than what I was thinking...

Old 04-23-2005, 06:52 PM
2nd Gear

hence if you walk behind the thing you can push it like a shopping cart

[IMG]local://upfiles/6247/C613F4D97CB74CDCBBC6B95E12F1253C.gif[/IMG]

Old 04-23-2005, 11:34 PM
4th Gear

I was thinking more of a stroler handle. At the local shoping mall thay have strolers for the parrents to use and they look like little racecars, and you guessed it the wing is the handle.

Old 04-24-2005, 10:26 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

OHHHH! NOW I gettit. It's for PUSHING. So, instead of "carrying" the car back to their caves, they use those ridiculously high appendages to "push" them home. That makes more sense than what I was thinking...
Apparently they aren't aware of what those silly things ARE for. I saw 2 AKurUHs being hauled away by a flatbed on my way to fill up my ridiculously thirsty A8, today. Do they even know what those handels are for? Hmmm... I could make a pretty penny selling pointless accessories to people whose cars will NEVER break the speed of paint drying...

Old 04-25-2005, 05:01 PM
1st Gear

A ricer is someone who would modify a car in order to make it appear as if it is a high performance vehicle. While ignoring the modifications that would actually improve the vehicles performance. For the most part I think everyones goal is to make their car perform to it's highest potential. A ricer cares what the vehicle looks like. A racer cares how the vehicle performs. When building a race car function is truly the only consideration. If you gave a F1 team the option to paint the car or run the car 2 pounds lighter than every one else. Which do you think they would choose? What breeds the hatred is that Ricers don't usually think there's a difference between the two schools of thought.

Old 04-25-2005, 06:10 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Furrystump

.......What breeds the hatred is that Ricers don't usually think there's a difference between the two schools of thought.
excellent point. to ricers, modding is modding, that's it....most would be more impressed with a body kit than a turbo kit

Old 04-26-2005, 04:19 AM
2nd Gear

Speaking of ricers, I am currently without car, so I needed a ride home. Ended up going home with our school's #1 Ricer.
Here's his car, as well as his mods:
White Toyota Camry, 4-cyl, automatic transmission (199-something)
Ugly white rims: 75whp each
Tinted windows: 50whp
Dented hood: -80whp (getting carbon fiber soon, +100whp)
AEM sticker on the dash: 10,000whp
And to top it off, an ebay rice cooker fart can: 100,000,000whp

So far he has managed to bend his frame trying to drift in a road he doesn't know with a large dropoff on one side.

So anyway, while driving home, just about every car we pulled up to meant he needed to drop his car into neutral and rev to the redline. Not to mention he was already running his tank on empty. Okay, everything is fine so far. Then on the way to my house, we get up to a long straightaway, maybe a 1/4 mile or so. He comes to a dead stop and says, "Hey, think I can hit 100?"

He revs up to 5000rmps, pushes his tranny into drive, and pulls it all the way up to about 70 when I say that he has to stop or he is going to blow his suspension on the speedbumps on my street, just ahead. He lets off the gas, hits the brake, and puts the car in neutral and pretends to downshift by reving the engine up periodically as he slows down.

He also told me about a Lamborgini that he was next to that he said raced him (out of pity). The lambo wins, but my friend does a ricer flyby, and chalks down a win. As we got to my house, he complained about Taco Rockets (mexicans in old hondas that are riced out, except instead of rims, they have chromo hubcaps, sometimes spinner hubcaps) giving ricers a bad name.

Old 04-26-2005, 04:24 AM
5th Gear

how can so many people be so f&#king clueless?

Old 04-26-2005, 04:25 AM
4th Gear

made my night man, thats just great.

Quick Reply: Hating Ricers