Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
I have
27.78%
I havent (knock on wood)
66.67%
Gotten pulled over but got out of it []
5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

How many have gotten tcikets with radar detectors

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 04:28 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: How many have gotten tcikets with radar detectors

I've never been pulled over (5 years, 55,000 miles). Have had a radar detector for a year, cordless Solo. Works okay, but most of the time I see the cop before the radar detects a gun in use. Radar detectors aren't really that useful in 95% of cases, because no matter what the cop has to have a line of sight on you, which also means you can see him. Its all skill really, just predicting where a cop might be, from where he can see you, positioning yourself behind other cars, etc

If the cop has a laser gun, the detector is useless because it alerts you only when you've actually been shot.

BTW, jammers don't work - if they did they would be illegal (to the point of jail time)

Old 12-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Administrator

is that "some jammers dont work", or all jammers dont work?

I know that detectors are illegal in some states...im sure that jammers are too.

Old 12-01-2005, 04:40 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: HansBlix

I've never been pulled over (5 years, 55,000 miles). Have had a radar detector for a year, cordless Solo. Works okay, but most of the time I see the cop before the radar detects a gun in use. Radar detectors aren't really that useful in 95% of cases, because no matter what the cop has to have a line of sight on you, which also means you can see him. Its all skill really, just predicting where a cop might be, from where he can see you, positioning yourself behind other cars, etc

If the cop has a laser gun, the detector is useless because it alerts you only when you've actually been shot.

BTW, jammers don't work - if they did they would be illegal (to the point of jail time)

Not true, my Valetine V1 has picked up laser way a head of time hitting hte people infront of me, before the cop has painted me.

And jammers do work, just not the cheap POS Legal Passive ones. Like that Phaser 2 or what ever that peice of **** is.

The active ones work, and the active ones are also illegal in all 50 states. Because they broadcast in FCC controlled freqencies with out permit. They are also interfearing with a LEOs operation and they also can cause damage to the gun.

As per your "cordless Solo"

They are POS's All the cordless detectors are, they need the higher power to really work well. Compare just the X50 and the wireless model, supposively same, but yeah totally horrible differance. Then compare (via third party) results from the "AMAZING" X50 and the Valentine V1... You will see there is no competition.

Even if a cop paints you with radar, from an instant on, you have time to jack the breaks before they can get a lock

2-3MP/s chang accell or decell will prevent a lock.

I used to have cheaper and even a X50 radar and they did what you described as not working till the cop was ontop of me and almost too late. The V1 works soooo much better than it. Guess that is why she is so much more.