Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I blew my finger up!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 12:45 PM
5th Gear

well, im still alive.

finger hurt and was a little swollen all of saturday. really screwing with my braking playing forza, almost put the anti-lock back on.

Pics... well, a little late now. Best I can do is take a pic of the screw gun stab wound, but the swelling went down. It wasn't cartoonish blown up, I'd rate it somewhere less than a broken finger swelling, but more than a closed in a car door swelling.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:54 PM
6th Gear

I'm glad your still alive.

and you post brings up a good question. What handicaps do you use in Forza?

Me personally

abs - no
Traction - no
stability - no
manual - yes
help line - braking only

I turn traction and stability on though whenever I'm running a higher class car such as R1.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:58 PM
5th Gear

Pretty much the same as you, except I'm lazy and still run the auto tranny.

I'll assume you're playing Forza II? I like to wait until the system is damn near obsolete and then buy things cheap. Im still rocking the original xbox, bought Forza for $3!

Whats your main weapon of choice? I've put tooo many hrs into tweaking (big surprise) an Audi TT. Easy part is doing all the upgrades. Its a super quick car. Hard part is making it stop and turn. ; )

I'm at level 26 right now in career mode, and have 7 more races on arcade mode to finish that out.

Also just bought a Jaguar XJ220. With all the upgrades, it almost maxes out the speed and acceleration stats. Hit 235mph on Nurburgring.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:10 PM
6th Gear

ON Forza 1 I ususally rocked some generation of Skyline, or Ferrari (the F40 was my weapon of choice mostly)

claim I had an Enzo that would do over 250 on Nürburg (gear ration was heavily moded)

on forza 2 I rock mostly Vag cars or lotus

class / car
d - VW Golf MkII GTi
c - VW corrado
b - Lotus Exige Cup 240
a - AWE S4 silver bullet
S - (where it gets fun)
- Audi RS4 (b7)
- Audi RS6 9 (c5)
- Audi Quattro Sport (650 HP)
- Tommy Kaira Skyline
- Lotus Exige
- Lamborghini Gallardo
R4- Redbull Porsche
R3 - Don't have one picked out yet
R2 -don't have one yet
R1 - Audi R10,

I'm at level 27 right now, because I had to start over, on my other profile I have a lot more cars and I'm at level 44

Also on forza 1 I had a sick riced out Civic that did low 9's in the quarter

Last edited by CAB509; 08-31-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:24 AM
5th Gear

I'll have to check out what my quarter times are with my cars.

I have the Tommy K skyline, left the settings alone except for brake force. Good car.

Sucks I can't find anyone local that is willing to put any effort into a clean race. I want some live competition, and some competition that doesn't try to force their car into the line I'm already in.

Case in point: Second to last corner of the last lap of a race, I had led the entire race except for an S turn where I was passed, and then passed the lead car to regain first.

Come into the turn as usual, and the second place car comes burning up out of nowhere right into my rear corner, spinning me into the wall. WTF? Brakes?! Ended up with third.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:14 PM
4th Gear

im pretty sure you cant really make that story up haha

Old 09-01-2008, 12:54 PM

I wanna see a pic....but ya, you should go have it looked at.If anything happens who am I gonna argue (Ooops......Debate) with ? LOL......

Old 09-01-2008, 01:43 PM
5th Gear

finger is fine now. only a little hole like any other puncture wound. I realize not everyone has such reckless disregard for their body as I do, but you must have stabbed yourself with something at some point in your life.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:55 PM
5th Gear

This would be the third time I've got my finger with the screw gun, I've stepped on probably 3-4 nails growing up, attacked by a dog (2 holes in my hand), hot welding tungsten sunk in my leg a couple times, corroded bird **** covered piece of chicken wire stuck in my finger (that one got nasty, still no doc visit though).

While this thread is already somewhat off its original topic, I've had 3 hernia operations, I've had some 'thing' surgically removed from the bottom of my foot 3 times, torn growth plates in my knee (skiing accident when i was young), broken thumb, degloved/smashed finger, 2nd degree frostbite on 2 fingers, some serious burns, some weld related one jackass related- stupid second cousin got a plastic bag burning on a stick, and then flung it off, landing on my leg. Scar tissue in my urinary tract- dont even know how... uhh, massive hematoma in my leg due to car accident, quad accident that almost landed a foot peg in my spine.. as it was, i needed to see a chiropractor my spine was so far out of alignment. Stood with one shoulder about 3/4" lower than the other.

Oh, and when i was young, i had my tonsils out. : )

Old 09-01-2008, 01:58 PM

^ actually this 1 time in band camp...LOL. I did the same exact thing with a portable drill screwing a self tapper through 1/2" lexan except I should have gotten stitched for that one, but instead I made a make shift bandaid with some paper towel and electrical tape....everyone at work was pissed at me.....LOL

Quick Reply: I blew my finger up!