Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate cops. They're losers.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 11:36 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: I hate cops. They're losers.

People cry that we stereotype and I read threads like this with someone saying "cops should die" because of 2 ******** who wear a badge and should be fired. Name one profession that I can't google and find a screwed up story about it. One doctor committs malpractice I dont see a F doctors thread, one cop is out of line and we get this. It's plain and simple most people will slam police before any other profession because when you think police you think jail. These two are both morons and should be fired, little kids mouth off to me all the time I have never raised my voice or hands to them, same with hundreds of thousands of other police officers.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:29 PM
2nd Gear

what a ******* joke. ive never met a "cool" cop.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:32 PM
2nd Gear

when you search on youtube....

“police brutality” video results 1 - 20 of about 3,580

no wonder no one likes pigs
[/align]

Old 03-21-2008, 02:07 PM
2nd Gear

I had a nice blurb typed up, but I lost it because the menu bar became active while I was typing and Internet Explorer went back a page!!! When you click FORWARD you lose everything you were just typing!!! GRRRR! [:@]

Old 03-21-2008, 02:42 PM
2nd Gear

I dont hate all cops, but Ive been the victim 3 times and they have done nothing. However they did pull me over for going 110kmh in a 100kmh. Here it doesnt pay off to solve crimes since they wont get any profit from it, so they pull people over for anything possible. Cops in my city think they are above the law which I think is wrong since they are supposed to protect and serve the public, not the other way around.
Those kids in the videos were probably talking **** to the cop and not listening, like all youth today. But both of those cops lost their cool and made themselves look bad because they are idiots. Those cops were most likely jocks in high school and all they could do was either military or police because of their grades.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:30 PM
1st Gear

the police brutality videos are the same ones repeated because 99.9% of the people on youtube are not creative enough to make anythign original... and like in regular news, "nice cop helping old lady cross the street" will never make it on the news... good news doesnt bring in the views like a nice contreversy...

what a ****ing joke. ive never met a "cool" cop.

the two most ignorant statements on audiforums!

Old 03-21-2008, 03:39 PM
2nd Gear

I wasn't able to see the videos because my firewall won't allow it.

Regardless, in my experiences with police officers they have been pretty cool, even when I was arrested. When you respect them, they will respect you.

There are two incidents that I will always remember though.The cop that proceded to chastise me (once he saw my military ID) for speeding. Sure it sucked, but it hit home more than a speeding ticket. This has made a lasting impression and all-in-all a good experience. This definitely slowed my down and kept me in line, for awhile.

The other incident was when I was doing XXX in a 65 zone. Once I saw him barreling down on me with his lights going I slowed down, changed lanes properly using my indicator, while he was on my bumper the whole time. (he should have gotten the BBK!) Once we stopped he got right out like there was an APB out on me and smacked, yes SMACKED my window with his hand and told me to,"GET THE F*&! OUT OF THE CAR!" I think he was mad. He didn't arrest me, but he was livid. Apparently he can't handle his adrenaline very well. Anyway, I was in my uniform and he questioned me about the military. He said I was doing 110, but I told him I couldn't have been doing more than 90. I had the radar detector on and didn't get anything, so he could have only "paced" me. Which, IMHO, is a crock of donkey *****.

Now, I've had better luck with officers in Michigan than in the southern states suchas West Virginia and North Carolina (which is where I live now). I got pulled in Tennessee just over a year ago, but the trooper let me off with a warning after he identified me as a Soldier. Other than the trooper in TN, this leads me to believe that police officers in the south are a bit more hard core and need their ego stroked a bit more often. This could also have something to do with other variables like age, car I was driving at the time, amount of tickets already received, etc.

I've also have the opportunity to work with military police who are city, county, and state police officers back home. Most of which have type A personalities, very bull-headed, right even when they are wrong, and have PMS three to five days out of the month just like a woman. Decent guys, but honestly shouldn't be police officers. One guy specifically says he became a police officer for the sole purpose of having a "you may proceed to park place, if you pass go you may collect $200 dollars" card. Pretty much a Golden Ticket. Is this wrong? IMHO, yes. It is happening and will continue to happen. Probably not on a super large scale, but here and there. To say the least about some of these police officers, it has definitely been a long deployment and I haven't been able to trust some of them even though we are brothers in arms in the war against terror. Strangely, I would trust them with my life, but not my better interests. Typically only looking out for themselves, which is not the type of company I usually keep.

In regards to the topic at hand, I don't think any of these police officers would choke a girl out or throw a young man down to the ground without good reason. Good reason would be to save a life, limb, or eyesight. On top of that, the key is to subdue and restrain someone, not to toss them about possibly injuring them or anyone else. I've heard many people explain that the best weapon ina knife fight is a gun. The problem there is that police officers are getting too reliant on tools and weapons instead of their hands.

The proper use of escalation of force is important and they always want to have a higher level of force than their opponent. Granted, if the police officer is out-numbered then it is more important to have a superior stance or higher level of force. There are procedures for these things, but depending on the situation, they can escalate force however and whenever they "feel" they need to. So really, it all depends on the police officers perception of what is happening. We all know that everyone perceives differently.

Ultimately, I don't think all police officers are bad people, but there are always a few. Most of them are decent people living decent lives working a job that can have its good days and its bad days. Unfortunately they need to be reminded that, when it comes down to life,they ARE just another citizen like you and me. I don't hate them. They do serve a purpose. The idea of protecting the innocent is for a good cause, but just like great lines from stupid movies, "its the people that are corrupt!" Or is it stupid lines from great movies?!? [:-]

Old 03-21-2008, 05:03 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: djuro37

the police brutality videos are the same ones repeated because 99.9% of the people on youtube are not creative enough to make anythign original... and like in regular news, "nice cop helping old lady cross the street" will never make it on the news... good news doesnt bring in the views like a nice contreversy...

what a ****ing joke. ive never met a "cool" cop.

the two most ignorant statements on audiforums!
Good cops exist.. who are smart enough to know when to give you the ticket, or know when to tell you what you're risking and warn you against doing it then let you off. Good cops do exist, who bust the bad guy or help stop actual crime.

But its skateboarding, get in your squad car. Drive somewhere else, that is not a crime worth harrassing someone over.[&:]

Old 03-21-2008, 06:41 PM
2nd Gear

Fact: Skateboarding on private property without permission is trespassing.
Fact: Thosek ids didn't listen and talked back to an officer of the law:
Fact: I can't talk back to my own PARENTS without regretting it.
Fact: Most cops are just doing their jobs and catch a bad wrap for others trangressions.
Fact: If a video surfaced of a kid punching a cop in the face and getting away with it, someone would post it as "the coolest video ever."

Not all cops are bad. Actually "bad" isn't the right term. Some are just hardened by certain situations. A rookie cop versus a seasoned captain are way different. I know plent of cops and one is my step-father, yet I still speed around town and litter from time to time and disturb the peace now and again. If I were to be pulled over or cited for these things, it would be my own fault.

Now if the cop shot me or something excessive, that's one thing, but when an officer of the law tells you to do something, and you don't and instead offer an explanation, he has the right to make you comply with his request, because for all he knows you are some 16 year old kid could have a weapon and take his life, just like any adult could.

The argument that they are children means nothing really. Columbine happened, and those were children. Children, teens, young adults, adults, all are capable of wrong doing, and are punished for doing so.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:42 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: sdsteez

when you search on youtube....

“police brutality” video results 1 - 20 of about 3,580

[/align]
^ Prolly one of the kids from the video. His reasoning is quite "Bob" esque. The only people who dont like cops are criminals and that's fine with us.

Quick Reply: I hate cops. They're losers.