Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

I need some big help from audi owners!

Old 06-18-2008, 05:41 PM
1st Gear
Default I need some big help from audi owners!

Hello everyone,
Lucky for me I recently found this website/forum andI need all the help I can get. I'm planning on buying a used 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro with 11k miles. I have been told by my friends and some close people that I shouldn't get an audi. The reason for this is because they told me audi come with a lot of problems. I have been informed that sometimes the engine dies on you, the car won;t start, windows won't open, and etc. Basicallywhat i have been told is that more money will be spent into fixing the car. All i hear all negative things about the car and nothing positive. My interest in buying this car has dropped drastically. However since none of the people really owned an audi, I need professionaladvice from someone who actually owns a 2007 audi a4. Should i be looking for another car to buy? PLEASE HELP! I would really appreciate your honest answer please.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:47 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: I need some big help from audi owners!

All cars have their flaws....electrical things like the windows and such is common (my back one currently doesnt go up) but as long as you do the maintenance and realize that proper good care is important and don't cut corners the car can last a long time. I love my A4 and knew going in that maintenance wasn'tcheap, I wouldn't take my car to a Jiffy Lube for an oil change. More times then not the people who have had problems are those idiots who throw crappy gas in, don't use synthetic oil, and insist on going 50,000 miles without an oil chage.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:01 PM
3rd Gear

It's true that these cars will be much more expensive to maintain than a similarly used Honda or Toyota. They are NOT reliable. But they're totally worth it and you'll have a lot of warranty left on that 2007 if you buy it so that should be plenty of peace of mind. Buy it and reevaluate when the warranty expires.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:09 PM
3rd Gear

It may be hard to tell since the '07 is still newish, some of the common problems may not be known yet. I can say tho that I've had very few problems with my A4,its only quirk at the moment *knocks on wood lol*is that when sliding the sunroof back the switch works when it decides to. If you get it save your self a little dough and do your own oil changes and whatever maintanance you feel comfortable with, and find a good independant euro shop in your area for the rest. Stay on that maintanance scheduleand it should treat you well. Good luck.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:00 PM
SoCal Crew Member

just buy a honda accord
but just remember when you get all wet when that 07 audi passes you on the freeway and all you can say is man this sucks,that could have been me instead i am driving this thing.

4rings FTW

Old 06-18-2008, 07:23 PM
6th Gear

^^^great end.

to add to all this , I have to agree, a well taken care of car will run forever (mine is sitting a little above 197K right now and save for a few little things that are getting fixed soon, she runs well)

I'd say get the Audi, to me and most here on the site and extra cost you might incur is totally worth it for the ownership experience of a company that is finally getting the recognition it deserved for the last 25 years. And like germantech said

if you drive a different more "reliable" car, when that A4 or S4 or anything with 4 rings passes you on the highway you'll think to yourself, that could be me in that ohhhh so sexy thing.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:44 PM
1st Gear

Welcome to the Forums!
totally worth getting the Audi. Yeah, there may be some things that need to be done, but not that you're here on the forums you can get help with anything... There are a lot of things you can do yourself (check out DIY) and save money that other people spend by going to Jiffy Lube or wherever.
Besides, don't you want German engineering?

Old 06-19-2008, 02:33 AM

Welcome to the forums! I don't have an 07', but I can give you my .02 worth.

Audi's are great cars, as you've already heard by other Audi owners. They will have their share of flaws, but which car doesn't? My suggestion, is if you're looking to buy a used Audi, is to purchase one from a dealership. I know, it will cost you a bit more $, but all "used" Audi's come with a "Certified Pre-Owned" extended warranty. Audi's factory warranty is 4 yrs/ 50k miles. The CPO cars will have an extended warranty (2 yrs/ 50k miles), which will give you a total warranty of 6 yrs/100k miles. If you have any problems with the car after it's original warranty, all you have to do with the CPO warranty is pay a $50 deductible, and the stealership will take care of your problem. Recently, I had a window regulator go out on me, and I took it to the dealer, paid the $50, and they replaced the regulator & installed new window clips.

If you have any questions about the cars, there's lots of people on here that are very knowledgeable about the brand & the cars. I'm sure you'll love your new A4.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:31 PM
1st Gear

HAHA wow you guystotally changed my mind and boosted my confidence in getting an audi. Now i really want to get one! Thank you so much everyone. And for those who lefta great ending,its cute lol

Old 06-21-2008, 01:46 AM
2nd Gear

New Audi's currently have reliability ratings close to the Japs, check out consumer reports for the actual ratings and they will give you a good idea of what to expect. Yes older Audi's tend to have a lot of issues mainly because of their age and over engineering. On that note Audi really does over engineer EVERYTHING; which is the main reason parts tend to be more expensive. Its not really that they have more issues its just the fact parts will cost more since they are of a higher build quality. Some examples of this are the door handles/hinges: instead of a cable, like in most cars, connecting the door handle to the latch, Audi uses an electronic pulse that is sent to the latch to tell it to unlatch the (open) the door; which also acts as a security device as well since it would be impossible to open the door using a wire or something similar. So basically instead of buying a cable you have to buy some electronic parts, which I think you can understand why its more expensive.

Audi makes an amazing car that is very unique and turns heads. It definitely puts you in a higher class as well with the wow factor of "You drive an Audi?!" In most people's minds Audi's are one the more superior cars on the road... and they're right!! You'll be disappointed with anything else, just buy the damn thing and you'll have a grin ear to ear!

Its still under warranty so you dont have much to worry about anyways

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I need some big help from audi owners!