Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need A stiff drink!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 02:00 AM
Default I need A stiff drink!

After 7 1/2 straight hours, 5 Excedrin, 8 pages single-spaced and no dinner I am finally done with my take home midterm for my Communications 442: Bargaining and Negotiation Processes class.

FML! seriously one of the hardest take-home's Ive ever had, had to be so detailed.

Last term I had probably the hardest in class midterms as well for my Political Campaign Rhetoric class, the study guide was 22 pages of necessary information, thing sucked, got a B+ in the class though (should have been an A haha)

Peeps were right, the last year of college tends to be the hardest, funny how that works (at least for undergrad)

Old 02-11-2009, 02:07 AM
Administrator

No stiff drink here but I can get you some stiff pills.

Anyway, I've always hated those tests, especially the "open book" ones. I always thought they were gonna be easy so there is no need to study. At the end, 300+ pages of material isn't easy to find.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by kriptonik
Anyway, I've always hated those tests, especially the "open book" ones. I always thought they were gonna be easy so there is no need to study. At the end, 300+ pages of material isn't easy to find.
yea, studying isn't necessarily necessary, but preparing is. I had a week to do this take home, just didn't want to, i feel i do better under pressure, which rang true when i took another class from this same professor that was set up the same, take-homes and all that nonsense.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:50 AM

id definately take an in-class over a take-home any day. but with my luck i get both and take-homes tend to be the majority.... school sux. and i hear you on that 8 hour hell go out and get waisted , thats what im gonna do after im done with one of those at the end of the week.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:32 PM
5th Gear

My hats off to ya, I could never do it. I need hands on work, I just blank out and stare thru the book if you put down coursework/paperwork type stuff in front of me. I have welding books, and principles of turbocharging books, and I'll gladly go thru them for reference, but to sit and memorize stuff.
No chance.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:02 PM
6th Gear

I'm in the middle of a take home exam myself right now, but mines not nearly as bad, it's only 5 pages double spaced and it's about religion so I can BS all I want to as long as I find sources to back up what I'm saying. The only thing that sucks is that its due tomorrow and I have another in-class midterm to study for also at the same time in Communications

Old 02-11-2009, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by CAB509
and I have another in-class midterm to study for also at the same time in Communications
What comm class is it?

Old 02-11-2009, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by achTTung
My hats off to ya, I could never do it. I need hands on work, I just blank out and stare thru the book if you put down coursework/paperwork type stuff in front of me. I have welding books, and principles of turbocharging books, and I'll gladly go thru them for reference, but to sit and memorize stuff.
No chance.
yea, thats the sh!tty thing about one of my professors, the one that i had the 22 page study guide for last term for the final, we call him the list man.

his typical test is 2 essay questions, bs'in optional, but better be good smellin' and then 6 short answer questions, which are typically lists of information, so, in class notes he will give us like 20-30 diff lists of stuff, and then the study guide tell us to know like 10-15-ish, then answer 6 on the test, and they have to be verbatim, no bs'ing allowed. sucks @ss.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:23 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by mctavish11
What comm class is it?
367, persuasive communication, it's an interesting class, I just wish the midterm was next week instead of tomorrow.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:32 PM

^ Persuasive, sounds interesting. Essentially what rhetoric is anyways. there are multiple interpretations, every single class i take, the professor labels rhetoric in a different way. i think one of the most interesting classes i have taken was 372: Visual rhetoric. it was pretty sick, O and Nonverbal communication was fun as hell too with the prof. we had, she made it sweet class.