Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

i think playa just got deleted

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Default i think playa just got deleted

by looking at old threads and there is a spot saying, deleted user, i think that was playa, so yeah that was ghey. people need to have fun and some need to relax and a joke or kick in the *** once in awhile

Old 01-15-2007, 05:00 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: i think playa just got deleted

ORIGINAL: JP A4

by looking at old threads and there is a spot saying, deleted user, i think that was playa, so yeah that was ghey. people need to have fun and some need to relax and a joke or kick in the *** once in awhile
Just asked who on the q/a thread. I wish I knew what went down wit him. It is fun to fill in the blanks where he used to be though...

Old 01-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Senior Administrator

Yepper... Playa256 has played his last play, on AF. PM me and I'll happily share what little I know.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:11 PM

Shitty, and I can't use myspace at work to get in touch with him... oh well, it'll have to wait untill this evening I guess.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:43 PM
5th Gear

ok so i just talked to playa on AIM, and all i gotta say about it, is THIS IS BULLSH!T!!!! The people who know the situation will know what i am talking about. playa was a lot better the second time around after his temp. ban and he is even cool with the person he pissed off this time around. so why is he banned? can't you guys forgive him like she did? or do you guys have your head stuck so far up your *** that, that isn't plausible anymore? you guys talk about making this a nice environment for people from all over the world, all ages, blah blah blah, but then you go ahead and allow a cleavage thread, and other threads that talk about sexual stuff, and videos of sick humor (all of these im certainly ok with, but im sure lots of other people wouldn't) how is playa's humor any different from any of these? in short i think banning playa is a bit hypocritical and dont see why it had to happen, especially banning his IP. maybe this forum ain't the place i thought it was...

Old 01-15-2007, 05:48 PM
1st Gear

What the fu(k!?

Old 01-15-2007, 05:50 PM

I do know the situation, I just wondered if there was more to it, and I don't think raising mutiny is going to make him come back, it'll probably just get us all banned. If it has to do with a certain someone (and I'm sure she knows who she is - not you Kelly), yeah, it is B/S, however we do not know if certain things were said by him when he was under the approval circumstances... I dunno, like I said before I am one of his friends, yet have no say. I don't think any less of him, because if someone would have said to me what she said to him, I would probably be in the same boat he is.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Administrator

You think correctly..

The quick cliff notes on "playa256" - Playa was put on probation for his posts (complaints by another member) Now remember, probation doesnt actually exist on this forum. You get a warning. (Playa256 had received one a few months prior) then you get banned. Its that simple. I created this "probation" for him, thinking he could change his ways, and be a good contribution to the forums. I went through and deleted his old posts so they didnt cause anymore headaches down the road. I game him my personal cell phone number so he could call, and we could talk about it. We did. He had a good understanding. He was allowed back onto the forums a few days later. He was told to be careful with what he posted and that unfortunately if he posted something "wrong" again, he would be banned. None of us wanted that, especially him.

Only a few days after letting him back on he posts a "wrong" post. He contacted me immediately after that, and said he didnt mean to post it. No big deal. He informed me of the situation that a few words were had between him and another member over PM's, but they had worked out their differences. To prevent anything like this happening again. I turned off his PM's and told him not to post in Off Topic for a while. Just to contribute to the other threads, and think about every post before he posts it. This was basically
"Double Secret Probation"

I wake up today, and i was disappointed.that a simple rule was ingored. A ton of posts in OT is what got him banned. Why keep somebody around that wont follow a simple rule when you stick your neck out for them, and go out of your way to keep them around?

Old 01-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

ok so i just talked to playa on AIM, and all i gotta say about it, is THIS IS BULLSH!T!!!! The people who know the situation will know what i am talking about. playa was a lot better the second time around after his temp. ban and he is even cool with the person he pissed off this time around. so why is he banned? can't you guys forgive him like she did? or do you guys have your head stuck so far up your *** that, that isn't plausible anymore? you guys talk about making this a nice environment for people from all over the world, all ages, blah blah blah, but then you go ahead and allow a cleavage thread, and other threads that talk about sexual stuff, and videos of sick humor (all of these im certainly ok with, but im sure lots of other people wouldn't) how is playa's humor any different from any of these? in short i think banning playa is a bit hypocritical and dont see why it had to happen, especially banning his IP. maybe this forum ain't the place i thought it was...
yeah so go find somewhere else to post..

Old 01-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Senior Administrator

I believe it was James' PATTERN of behavior, over the length of his association with AF that got him banned. Not this specific event. You are right. THIS event shouldn' be enough to get him locked out, and I'm sure it, alone, wasn't.

$0.02

Quick Reply: i think playa just got deleted