Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

imports?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 11:14 AM
1st Gear
Default imports?

so i was wondering...what some of you guys think about some of the nicer imports like the mitsu evo, nissan skyline or even the toyota supra? cause i never really thought i'd like japanese cars, but i find myself really likin these nicer ones.

Old 12-01-2006, 12:35 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: imports?

I think the Japanese make some nice cars and to write them all off as rice or jap crap would be kinda dumb.

Evo's are amazing if you have ever driven one there a car to be respected.
I love this video of an Evo getting compared to a Lambo
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...997dc125ec.htm

But I think all in all the Japanese make good cars i personally really like the 350Z

When people say *rice* or something like that i think of these moron kids around town with there civics with huge wings fart cans and an ego bigger then 4 of there engines put together. and they are really what is giving imports a bad name.

Old 12-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Senior Administrator

Cars are tools. You pick the best tool you can afford, for the work it was internded to do! Would you go stoplight dragging with a Maybach? No "could" you, but "would" you? Hopefully NOT! Would you take your slammin RS4 up the Rubicon, simply because it has AWD? If you do, snap us some pics and post them back here, PLEASE!!! We could use a good laugh, and someone NEW to abuse. APG ain't been around, much, lately!

If you wanna profile you get a high-profile car, if you can afford it, a Hyundai XG300, if you can't. You wanna be able to mod your car, on the cheap, get a Civic or a clapped out DSM maybe. Inexpensive add-ons (some effective, some cosmetic) make modding affordable for these cars. You want a hot, sporty, Roadster or Coupe that you can pretend you're racing in, while sitting in your daily STAU (traffic jam for you non-German-speaking readers), drop your hard-earned loot on a 350z/G35.

My anti-drug is AWD (in case you haven't guessed, from my S/N). Any Marque that makes a well-thought out, comfortable (I'm old, forgive me but I don't see Evo's and WRX's as "comfortable"), competent AWD automobile is a candidate for MY ca$h, regardless of what country their headquarters is in.

The right tool for teh right job. The way I drive, and teh places I go dictate my NEED for AWD, so that's what I roll.

Oh, and, STOP using your shoe-heel as a hammer!!! Go GET a hammer!!!

Old 12-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Administrator

I think most Japanese cars are great, you can usually get about 250k out of them

Old 12-01-2006, 05:26 PM
3rd Gear

I love imports.. I love when some dipshitt in a integra like last night get behind me and starts reving the crap out his motor thinking he is a tough guy, glad my clutch was ok, i took off slow so he would try and pass me then i floored it passed him then boxed the dummy in so he couldnt use on on-ramp on the left foceing him to take a right at the next light..lol it was great..

but i would have to agree with AWDaholic, its a simple fact that function should meet form, its a simple concept. some of the imports are nice, but what some people do to them is not so nice. you cant turn a family sedan into a race car, its nor practicle and in most cases it dosent work out.

my anti drug is not awd, its lifting, im new to this AWD thing, and to be honest considering my recent acident i dont know enough about it, nor do i really know how to handle AWD at fast speeds, i could pull my camaro out of any spin, but on that rainy night a few weeks back i had no conrol, and i couldnt regain it either. some import cars are the same way you start changing things and the people who drive them cant handle the changes.. the evo's are nice, and so is the WRX but it cant beat the interior of an audi..

Old 12-01-2006, 05:53 PM
4th Gear

I think Japanese engineering is on par with most of the major euro manufactures, they just put more emphasis on functionality and reliability. Just look at the evo, supra, and skyline, they're highly engineered to be reliable yet potent beasts. Some of the best tuners in the world are from the asian import scene, you can't deny their capabilities. Even though I prefer euro cars, because both domestic and asian imports lack that certain passion, I've always been a big fan of the the honda (JDM version) type Rs. I also like the fact a "crappy 4banger Jap import" can destroy the rather large egos of camaro and mustang owners. I want an evo just to humiliate domestics lol

Old 12-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Administrator

i think Jap cars are great, im a formaer JDM nut and i still love some JDM cars
but not as much as german cars though

Old 12-01-2006, 07:46 PM
2nd Gear

To each his own.

Old 12-01-2006, 09:25 PM
2nd Gear

you cant turn a family sedan into a race car, its nor practicle and in most cases it dosent work out

What!!!!!!!

Sorry that makes no sense to me. Please olaberate<spelling more on how a sedan doesn't make a good race car.

Old 12-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: imports?