Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPhone 3G

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:10 PM
2nd Gear
Default iPhone 3G

Maybe I'm the only nerd here at AF, but I'm stoked about the new iPhone coming out. Anyone else out there planning on getting one?

Old 07-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Default RE: iPhone 3G

Turns out ATT doesnt serve my area. I def. would get one if i could.

Damn rural areas. Only good for winding roads with no one ever on them

Old 07-07-2008, 01:34 PM
2nd Gear

Did you check the coverage map? They have lots of partners that they allow their subscribers to use their network. You can always go to the nearest urban area and get an iPhone there then use it where you live. Granted, your new cell number will have an area code wherever the city you bought it in is.

Where do you live?

Old 07-07-2008, 01:59 PM
4th Gear

I am VERY tempted to drop verizon to get this phone! Plus for the same amount of money I am paying now for 400 min and 5000 txt messages I can get 450 min and unlimited data! Very tempting... I just don't want to pay the stupid cancellation fee for verizon. GRRRRR

Josh

Old 07-07-2008, 02:03 PM

i live in Mauston, WI. Its a ***** little town in the center of the state. My bro has ATT cause he's mostly in boston and the coverage in our town is abysmal. For now im stickin with CDMA and my good ol' US CELLULAR!!!

Old 07-07-2008, 02:04 PM

ORIGINAL: ThePaintballGuy

I am VERY tempted to drop verizon to get this phone! Plus for the same amount of money I am paying now for 400 min and 5000 txt messages I can get 450 min and unlimited data! Very tempting... I just don't want to pay the stupid cancellation fee for verizon. GRRRRR

Josh
dont forget verizon locking down bluetooth like a ****. its a biach trying to unlock it.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:09 PM
4th Gear

I have not heard about that... whats the deal with it?

Josh

Old 07-07-2008, 02:26 PM
2nd Gear

Josh
Dude, drop those bitches. I think the cancellation fee prorates with each month you get closer to the contracts expiration. So, the month you sign the 2 year contract, the cancellation fee is $175 or whatever. The next month the fee is $167, the next month is $160, etc...

I think that's how they do it, don't quote me on it but it might be worth checking into. That way, if you're only a couple of months away from your contract expiration, it might only cost like $14 to cancel. Just a thought.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:47 PM
4th Gear

That would be cool... I will look into that.

Josh

Old 07-07-2008, 02:55 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: meatbiscuit

Josh
Dude, drop those bitches. I think the cancellation fee prorates with each month you get closer to the contracts expiration. So, the month you sign the 2 year contract, the cancellation fee is $175 or whatever. The next month the fee is $167, the next month is $160, etc...

I think that's how they do it, don't quote me on it but it might be worth checking into. That way, if you're only a couple of months away from your contract expiration, it might only cost like $14 to cancel. Just a thought.
Just looked it up on Verizonwireless.com. For every full month that you have verizon service your termination fee drops $5. So that means for me I started my contract in November of 06 so it has dropped $95 so far which means as of now my cancellation fee would be $80.

I might do this!

Josh