AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   iPhone 3G (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/iphone-3g-107138/)

metalmmaniac 07-07-2008 03:15 PM

RE: iPhone 3G

at&t...awesome phones, shitty service

unfortunately i keep breaking phones, forcing a contract renewal to not get raped on phone prices

xwright 07-07-2008 03:30 PM

All the cool kids have blackberrys;)

I heard that even though the iPhone 3g is half the price, the fee you pay per month is going up quite a bit.. Anyone know if this is true?

So_NAudi 07-07-2008 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: xwright

All the cool kids have blackberrys;)

noo, all the cool kids have motorola SLVR's. The good old candybar.

God i suck.

marko_tomas13 07-07-2008 04:02 PM

I would be buying one if shitty Rogers had a decent data plan here in Canada.

If only we had another GSM carrier....

meatbiscuit 07-07-2008 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: xwright

All the cool kids have blackberrys ;)

I heard that even though the iPhone 3g is half the price, the fee you pay per month is going up quite a bit.. Anyone know if this is true?

I think they're charging an extra $10 for the unlimited data plan, so now it's going to cost $70/mo instead of the previous $60...at least for the 450min plan. Not too much of a price hike, but yest, it still blows.

So_NAudi 07-07-2008 04:05 PM

ORIGINAL: marko_tomas13

I would be buying one if shitty Rogers had a decent data plan here in Canada.

If only we had another GSM carrier....
I hear Rogers is fu*kin you guys over bad. It's a shame...

Jeff 07-07-2008 04:21 PM

yup im going to get it

meatbiscuit 07-07-2008 04:23 PM

Yah, I read some really $hitty plans they are advertising. Make sure and sign the petition, I read in an article at appleinsider that the petition is lik 40k people strong now I'm sure Rogers will crack. Also read that Apple is going to gimp their shipments, only giving them like 10-15 phones to sell per store. Not sure if it's an accurate rumor or not.

ImTheDevil 07-07-2008 06:16 PM

I'd like to see if this will cut the price of the original iPhones down, once this one comes out. I don't give a damn about a lot of the griping I heard about the original iPhone (can't set up ringtones, etc). I like the phone and the interface, so if the 3G knocks the original iPhone's price way down, I'd go get one of those.

meatbiscuit 07-07-2008 06:53 PM

pretty sure they're not going to be selling the original iPhone anymore. The new model encompasses all of the previous iPhone's functionality and more at a lower price. However, from the software perspective, the old iPhone (for previous iPhone customers) and the new iPhone will have the same set of features. The only difference will be the faster data via AT&T's 3G network and GPS. Everything else should be the same.