Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPhone

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 09:49 PM
2nd Gear
Default iPhone

So I'm seriously considering the iPhone. I really like the thing but the $400 price tag makes myself wonder if its really worth it. Anyone own one with some pros and cons and just some general input? Or how about some opinions!

Thanks!

Old 01-08-2008, 10:42 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: iPhone

The thouchscreen makes it hard for messaging, the fact that you can't use a stylus is retarded, and since it's an Apple products it will brand you as a 'gay wannabe geek' for the rest of eternity. The data is painfully slow to use, it doesn't have enough memory to be useful, the sound quality is medeocre at best and you'll spend more time cleaning it for fingerprints than you would changing a newborns diapers. Not to mention it will make you gay.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:46 PM
6th Gear

^^ tell us how you really feel

A couple of my friends have them and there cool and fun to play with but I rather stick with my ipod touch and a regular phone.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:58 PM
3rd Gear

I like the Black Jack more.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:08 AM
Administrator

The iPhone sounds like a cool idea but I don't know how it's gonna be since there is no QWERTY keyboard.

Is it still $400 now?

Old 01-09-2008, 01:12 AM

ORIGINAL: kriptonik

The iPhone sounds like a cool idea but I don't know how it's gonna be since there is no QWERTY keyboard.

Is it still $400 now?
The iPhone has a QWERTY keyboard... it will show up when you type a text message or a website address. Oh yeah... the picture quality is pretty good too.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:58 AM
Administrator

Yeah but it only has the on-screen keyboard. They should have a slide-out keyboard or something. [:-]

Old 01-09-2008, 02:09 AM
1st Gear

i love my iphone (im a mac guy tho) everyone that uses it loves it... as far as the keyboard, you get very used to it and fall in love with how it corrects your poor spelling! i got rid of a treo 650 for it and dont regret it at all. the major downsides are the poor battery life and the lack of flash for the camera.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:13 AM
2nd Gear

I have it for almost four months now. I like it, it is just like iPod, simply awesome. However, I am not at all happy with the battery life, it seems to be deteriorating every day, and no way it has 8 hrs of talk time as advertised, used whichever way possible. Accessing internet and media makes it even worse.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:51 AM
2nd Gear

I was deciding between the Iphone and the new Verizon voyager and i went to our tech guy at work and he told me to stay away from the Iphone. He said consider it in a couple years when it gets 3g and they have come out with the next generation. So i went with the Voyager and it is the shiznat. you have navigation, tv (actual tv on the phone) true story i was watching the LSU Ohio state bowl game on monday and had to take a sh*t so i went to the bathroom and started up my phone and continued to watch the game in real time.I get live updates from espn on sports teams i like (skins, wizards,capitals and orioles)Also flip it open for a full querty keyboard. The touch screen on the front is good with vibration feed back. Not to mention IMO Verizon has much better coverage and service than At&T. My only complaint is that there is no flash for the camera other than that it is (as i stated before) the shiznat.