Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipod

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Administrator
Default Ipod

before everyone goes clicking on this thread thinking they too can win an IPOD, by clicking links, and having friends do it too.. let me tell you this isnt about that.. and no thats not how i got my Ipod

I know that Ipods are a common toy/accessory to many of us.. now I decided to start a thread where we can post up reviews specs, and details about the accessories that work with them.. Good Idea? Bad Idea? Let me know..

I will start off with the FM transmitter.

Piece of Crap.. kills the battery after 10-15minutes of use.. weak *** signal, your hand can and will interfere with the FM signal, so you get static if you pick it up.. overall rating..

2/5 stars

although i will do more testing.. i dont know if I will upgrade the rating of this product just yet.. anyone else have anything they would like to share?

Old 07-02-2006, 11:07 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Ipod

I have had 3 iPods and have had trouble with all of them, NEVER AGAIN! I dispise Apple.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:11 PM
Administrator

what was your troubles?? what did you replace it with???

Old 07-02-2006, 11:18 PM
2nd Gear

I got a 30GB video for xmas, and it died a few weeks later. I sent it to apple they sent it back to me saying there was nothing wrong with it. 2 bad
hard drives and 2 dead batteries. I have yet to get another mp3 player. The next phone I get will be MP3 compatible so I do not need to buy another.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:41 PM
Administrator

they should make a phone that utilizes an Ipod connection with massive storage to play videos as well.. that way you can plug your phone into a cradle and play your MP3's then when you get a call you can already have your phone hooked up to talk through the speakers.. damn i must be either on to something, or way out of the loop, and they already invented this

Old 07-02-2006, 11:51 PM

i have a 3g Ipod, and the battery life on it sucks. Barely last 2 hrs. I took it to apple and they said they will update the software. And it didnt do ****. Trying to figure out if i should buy a new battery or get a better MP3 player. I hate my Ipod by i love itunes. Any ideas? iriver?

Old 07-03-2006, 12:04 AM
2nd Gear

I hear ya Adam, love iTunes, hate iPod.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:24 AM
2nd Gear

I have a 60GB Video in Black, and I love it. I did a write up with the Dension IceLink system for the Audi, and it's amazing. It has yet to let me down. The Ipod stays in my car all the time, in the charging cradle, so I won't really ever have to worry about the battery dying, it's always on. The single best thing for you're iPod is hooking it up to you're car, IMO.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:26 AM
Administrator

yeah, got any pics?? Prices??

Old 07-03-2006, 01:31 AM

i have the apline ipod interface and it charges too, but my ipod still dies. B/c inorder for alpine to turn it on it has to have at least a lil power to turn on. And for what ever reason my alarm clock always turns its self on.

Quick Reply: Ipod