Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Its a year now =[

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 12:02 AM
2nd Gear
Default Its a year now =[

its now a year since my father died of pancreatic cancer. really a very unexpected blow last year. took him in less than 3 months, 2 months of being diagnosed. its tough =/.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:06 AM
4th Gear

sorry to hear that... hope the family is well, i lost my brother of a heartattack myself, and losing family is always tough

chin up big guy

Old 11-17-2008, 12:10 AM
2nd Gear

thanks man. yea it was hard, by the last 3 weeks i just wanted him out of his misery and for the pain to stop. in a weird way i was happy that it was finally over for him. i couldnt stand seeing him in as much pain that he was in. at the hospice, which specializes in pain management, they couldnt think of ways to dull the pain. they tried the highest dosages of all types of pain medication and nothing worked. maybe for 20 minutes, if that. it spread everywhere, pancreas, kidneys, liver, heart, brain, lungs, adrenal glands, bones. it was really bad. =[

Old 11-17-2008, 12:16 AM
4th Gear

suffering is definitely not the way to go.. sory to hear it was slow and painful for him, but remember, his love for you guys (his family) is what made him hang in as long as he could...

if i was ok with one thing about my brother passing, its that it was in his sleep, and painless... but, obviously i miss him more than anything and would rather him be here married to his wonderful fiance, it was tough...

at any rate, keep puttin one foot in front of the other, and all will be well, dont dwell to much, remorse when necessary, and youll make out quite alright

Old 11-17-2008, 12:18 AM
2nd Gear

thanks alot. its good to talk about it and not keep it in all the time. im the last guy you would ever see expressing emotion, maybe only to my gf. and im really sorry to hear about your brother. i know what youre going through.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:23 AM
4th Gear

^im the same as you, i show almost no emotion, but when i do im quite expressive about myself...

Old 11-17-2008, 01:40 AM

Sorry to hear about what happened, especially it being a parent. Coulnd't imagine loosing a parent. Keep your head up. Just know hes not suffering anymore and that you got to spend time with him before he passed. I explain to my wife all the time when she breaks down about her mother that she should remember all the good times they both had together and not to loiter on the fact that shes not here anymore. So.......just remember those good times and I'm shure it will make you smile a little!

Old 11-17-2008, 09:32 AM
2nd Gear

yea it does. sorry to hear about your wife's mother. btw for some reason i thought u were younger? lol

Old 11-17-2008, 10:55 AM
1st Gear

My grandfather went in a similar way to your father, hc. He had prostate cancer that spread to his spine and most of his other organs, but we only knew right before he died. he refused to see a doctor and was in incredible amounts of pain too. I just wish I had taken the opportunity to get to know him better before he died, which was about 4 years ago. It was very hard for me because I felt very guilty about not knowing him that well. I can't imagine what it was like for my mom though, losing her father. I don't want to imagine what that will feel like. So I'm so very sorry for your loss. Take comfort in all the good times before he went into the hospital.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:59 AM
2nd Gear

thanks man, n im sorry about your grandfather. thats actually one thing im glad i did. everyday he was in the hospital, which was for 2 and a half months, i went to see him. during the week (since i wasnt driving back then) i had to take a train from jersey city to hoboken, and then hoboken to ridgewood (which if any of u kno jersey thats a pretty long trip) and then a 20 minute walk from the station to the hospital. at night wasnt bad cuz i went home with my mom. i cant say the same for my brother tho. he only came on the weekends. i dont know how he feels about that, hes a strange person. but thats a WHOLE other topic lol.

Quick Reply: Its a year now =[