Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got an offer for a research position in San Jose

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 08:54 PM
5th Gear

thanks Jazz. i actually went to speak with the professor who will be writing the proposal to this company for this matter. it was supposed to be just a simple meeting with me asking questions about what i might be doing, the area and how the other students are coping with the workload but i kind of turned it into an interview. i think i really surprised him and he's the 2nd person that has told me they are only considering me right now. that is a good sign because these ppl don't hesitate so i think i'm in.

looks like the chances of me heading to the west side is pretty high and it will probably happen at the latest the end of Jan. I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-25-2010, 02:40 AM
2nd Gear

nice, i am going to go the san jose state university in a year. right now i go to a community college back in the east bay and cant wait to finally go to san jose. its a nice place but watch out where you get an apartment cuz there are some bad neighborhoods around.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:42 AM
5th Gear

i'll probably be living around north 1st st. within 20 minutes of it. i just hope i can find a place with a garage lol. i highly doubt it but i definitely need my car there because i don't want to have to plan trips to using public transportation lol.

Old 11-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Public transportation there isn't THAT bad compared to ones in SoCal.

Congrats bro.

Old 11-26-2010, 03:00 AM
5th Gear

thanks brah. you gotta teach me how to talk in cali now. btw the tags for this thread is totally messed up lol

well if i wanted to go see the golden gate bridge, i want to drive on it nah meen? just things like that. plus there are still plenty of audi meets out there i wanna go to and i visit the places such as 034 motorsports nah meen?

Old 11-26-2010, 06:12 AM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by hiwords
btw the tags for this thread is totally messed up lol
fixed it! I'll add some more fk'd-up ones, later. gotta head out to work, doncha kno

Old 11-26-2010, 03:11 PM
2nd Gear

you got to start saying HELLLA! lol

Old 11-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Yeah bro, I'm from SoCal, dude. We don't talk like they do. And like Tourbo said, just start saying hella a lot, they'll think you're a local.

Like "I'm driving hella fast on the Golden Gate Bridge. The toll fee is hella expensive too".

Anyway, I'm dippin' outta here.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Yeah bro, I'm from SoCal, dude. We don't talk like they do. And like Tourbo said, just start saying hella a lot, they'll think you're a local.

Like "I'm driving hella fast on the Golden Gate Bridge. The toll fee is hella expensive too".

Anyway, I'm dippin' outta here.

Old 11-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Site Moderator/B5 Tech Guru

San Jose has its nice parts and it has its absolute what-the-**** did I just see parts.

Downtown, South, and East San Jose are not the best areas. If you stay further north you should be fine.

Public transportation is manageable in San Jose but not as good as San Francisco's (which still leaves much to be desired.)

For some reason I always end up in relationships with girls from the South bay..Los Gatos, Sunnyvale, Saratoga, etc.

If you don't mind a short commute, explore the peninsula. There are a lot of nice areas NW of San Jose. Housing costs will rise the closer you are to silicon valley though.

Take the position though! You'll like it out here in the bay area. Come enjoy the mediterranean climate.

Quick Reply: just got an offer for a research position in San Jose