Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just got out of the ER...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 05:00 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Just got out of the ER...

Looks like you need to... PLAY COUNTER-STRIKE! hahaha

ORIGINAL: KarlMarx

Well,

Playing in a soccer game today, I fractured my right ankle, so I will be sporting a pair of crutches for the drive to Leavenworth! YAY!

It hurts something fierce right now, and they couldn't issue me anything for pain tonight, because the pharmacy is closed. Someone did have some advil, so that's helping, but not as much as something else would. They said that it is a minor fracture, and it could be worse, but I really just want to play soccer dammit!

Oh well, maybe in a couple of weeks I can get back out onto the field. GO ITALY!

Old 07-07-2006, 05:20 PM
4th Gear

hat sux sorry to hear, i never had that happen but i fractured my coller bone and that hurt like hell if that makes u feel better

Old 07-07-2006, 05:23 PM
1st Gear

800 mg Ibuprofen and a couple of beers make everything ok....that or the oxycodone left over from my wisdom teeth surgery [8D]

Old 07-07-2006, 05:34 PM
2nd Gear

sounds like you need a ride!

Old 07-07-2006, 05:41 PM

glad your ok anyway

Old 07-07-2006, 06:52 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: SAudi

thats the suckiest, when you break a leg you cant drive or enjoy the simple things in life. how long are you with the crutches.
I just got back from the 2nd Radiologist today, and they said it's going to be atleast a couple of weeks. Good news though, I won't have to wear a uniform at work, because the size of my foot at the moment won't let me slip into a pair of boots.

I'm just going to keep my foot on ice all weekend, and hopefully the swelling will go down a bit. It still hurts like crazy, but if I keep the weight off of it, it should heal quickly.

Old 07-07-2006, 06:54 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Grouse

LOL! Yea, we'll see what happens when I wake up tommrow. I've been driving around today, but in a bit of discomfort. I have to let the weight of my foot do all the work, because I can't really "push down" on it. One of my buddies is bringing his S4, and another friend is bringing his TT. I might end up riding with one of them after I get to Evolution. We'll see how it goes. I wouldn't miss this event for the world, sounds like a great time.

Did you wife agree to go with you on the drive?

Old 07-07-2006, 07:03 PM
1st Gear

Walk it off and stop being a sissy boy!!!!

Old 07-07-2006, 07:19 PM
2nd Gear

LOL, yea, some interesting comments about drugs guys! But yea, hopefully they give me some codeine, I think thats what I had last time, and it worked wonders.
Ask for Laudanum, made by Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals. Mix it with absinthe. Chase the dragon.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:07 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Grouse

LOL! Yea, we'll see what happens when I wake up tommrow. I've been driving around today, but in a bit of discomfort. I have to let the weight of my foot do all the work, because I can't really "push down" on it. One of my buddies is bringing his S4, and another friend is bringing his TT. I might end up riding with one of them after I get to Evolution. We'll see how it goes. I wouldn't miss this event for the world, sounds like a great time.

Did you wife agree to go with you on the drive?
She thinks it would be fun but i might take this oportunity to work again.