Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

monza

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 06:48 PM
2nd Gear
Default monza

biggest race of the year this weekend! the ferraris head home to italy. can schumacher win and close the gap and will he retire? this is gonna be a great weekend. vittel was quickest in practice again today. can you imagine being 19 years old and going quicker than schumacher at the ferrari's home track? it's only practice, but still. who's watching?

Old 09-08-2006, 06:59 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: monza

Shumacher never runs fast in practice, nor do any of the top guys for that matter. But still. You can certainly see he's trying to impress the crap out of, anyone will to put him on the grid.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:39 PM
4th Gear

I've got the dvr set. I may not look at the thread until after the race though, in case others are watching before me. I haven't seen practice yet today.

Old 09-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Senior Administrator

I just finished using my time machine... There was a MASSIVE volcanic eruption that flodded the ENTIRE region with hot, molten lava consisting mainly of, oddly enough, melted rock... Go figure. Anyway, after an outpouring of sympathy from the Global community everybody figured money to help was needed and millions poured into MY bank account to assist me in recovering from witnessing such carnage on my television-set...

Ummm... Drinks, or course, are on ME!

Old 09-08-2006, 08:22 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

There was a MASSIVE volcanic eruption that flodded the ENTIRE region with hot, molten lava consisting mainly of, oddly enough, melted rock...
Wow. That's going to make it even harder to get some ice in your drink in Italy. They already treated ice like it was platinum.

Old 09-10-2006, 01:27 PM
2nd Gear

man, how things change so quickly. alonso blows up while third and michael goes on to win. then, announces his retirement with kimi replacing him. and how about kubica coming home third in his third race?

Old 09-10-2006, 03:22 PM
4th Gear

I don't get how he can retire. He might still win the championship. He'll probably join Mika in DTM and just take it easy.

Old 09-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Senior Administrator

Yeah, there was loads of speculation about how Schuey was going to get with Kimi, Him (Schuey) being the BIG-Dog veteran on teh team, yet Kimi was saying how he was going to have equal access to parts/cars, per his contract. Odd. I think Schuey may stick around as a test driver for teh big Red machine, for a while, too. He's got absoutely NOTHING left to prove in F1. Maybe he's getting rounder... NASCAR?!?!?!

Old 09-10-2006, 05:43 PM
2nd Gear

test driver? come on, man. seven time champs don't retire and put in testing time. more likely he'll start a vw/audi f1 team of his own. that would be amazing!

Old 09-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: midohioguy

test driver? come on, man. seven time champs don't retire and put in testing time. more likely he'll start a vw/audi f1 team of his own. that would be amazing!
Not true. jackie Stewart did it for Ford for YEARS. Of course, he only had 27 GP wins and 3 world titles... He even did as you suggested and ran their Ford/Jag team (although, not very well... Apparently he's a better driver than he is Team administrator). Still, He was the Ford factory dirver for, like EVER... Not just for their F1 team, but ALL of their special interest and prototype vehicles. I can think of worse thhings to do with the rest of my life.

Quick Reply: monza