Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Morning Coffee Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by kriptonik
mctavish11 - Dude, your morning totally kicked mine right in the groin. I've done couple of morning drives and let me tell you, nothing beats watching the sunrise with fresh morning breeze and a warm cup of joe.
No, your right, there is nothing like it. It was so peaceful to just sit up and watch the fog covered ocean come to light, then i raced back down the other side of the hill i was on and drove along the columbia river on the washington side watching the sun come up from back behind mt. hood.

Here is a pic from the Oregon side of the Columbia river.. this is about 4 miles from where I live, this was taken at the entrance to the columbia from the pacific ocean, the town i live is is nestled right up in the corner of both, very tip of oregon. The bridge you see behind the blue ship is the megler, connects Astoria (town next to Warrenton where I live) and Washington

This one is when i was sitting out on the river beach one morning awaiting the sunset, the mt side in the left of the pic is close to where i was sitting when i took that foggy cell pic posted up thatta way ^...

yea, not really related to coffee, but related to my o.g. discussion about my morning coffee experience

Old 08-24-2009, 02:01 AM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
I like my coffee like I like my women:

Black and bitter..

oh, wait..
LOLZ. You crazy bastard....

Old 08-26-2009, 04:22 AM
Administrator

mctavish11 - Holy crap. That's beautiful. I wouldn't mind spending the morning with those views. Maybe one of these days I should take a morning drive to the beach. I kind of wish we had a huge lake around where I live tho.

Midniteoyl - Black and bitter?

So I'm about to brew some really late/really early (whichever you want to look at it) coffee. It should help me relax and help me fall asleep.

I don't get how coffee and energy drinks supposed to keep people energized and awake. It doesn't and never work for me.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:23 AM
Administrator

Forum errors FTL!

Last edited by kriptonik; 08-26-2009 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Double posted
Old 08-26-2009, 11:01 AM
4th Gear

I don't get how coffee and energy drinks supposed to keep people energized and awake. It doesn't and never work for me.
You (me) drink too much for it to work anymore...

Old 08-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Administrator

^ I think that's true. I still don't get energy drinks tho. They work for most of my friends (some even get shaky at times).

Anyway, I brewed enough for two cups just now. First one was black with a little sugar. Second one had some half-n-half and sugar in it.

Ready to start the day. Although it's gonna be effing hot again here in SoCal today!

Old 08-29-2009, 12:48 PM
4th Gear

Heh.. its pretty cool here.. 66 for a high (64 @ noon). Perfect work outside weather, actually. Coffee is on the menu for most of the day.

Old 08-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Administrator

^ You're darn lucky.

It has been mid/high 90's this whole week and same goes for today.
It's even worst just the fact that we have some fires along the mountains with all the smoke and ashes coming down everywhere.

Old 08-29-2009, 04:20 PM
4th Gear

Ya.. been a real cool summer here for us.. Early on it hit into the 90's for about a week, then been in the upper 70's to mid 80's until last week when it hit the upper 60's and seems to be staying. I'm not complaining.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Damnn..

I'd be happy with low 80's.

Can't wait until winter comes. I've got a thing for rainy days when everything's fresh and clean.

Quick Reply: The Morning Coffee Thread