Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Grad present

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 04:38 AM
Default My Grad present

Now i want to start off, i dont want the ur a rich kid flame on this. I was very surprised when my parents decided to get me this.

Let me start off saying when i was 10 i starting talking about racing cars at 12 i learned how to race go-karts (the fast shifter karts) but we didnt have the money (dont forget my parents didnt have any decent amount of money until a few years ago, i grew up in normal lower middle class) for a kart especially with a car coming in 4 years that i was already saving for. I loved it and talked about it for ever. Around the same time i started talking about wnating to save to do the Skip Barber 3 day raicng school. My parents were always supportive saying it would be great fun and that i would love it. It was right up my alley but they werent going to pay for. Well guess what... they decided to. Im doing it at Laguna Seca either in July or August. Hopefully this is only the beginning. MY parents are starting to come around on the racing part of cars (they still dont understand modding).

Has anyone done this 3 day racing school or anything else like it?

Old 05-20-2006, 04:49 AM
Administrator
Default RE: My Grad present

dude thats a sweet gift.. I hope you enjoy it!!!! You know what you should do, take as many pictures as possible, and write a good story on it.. that way when new people come on the forum, they will know what to expect etc.. I think you will have an awesome time, and yes maybe this is just the beginning of something bigger.. we will keep our fingers crossed for ya!

Old 05-20-2006, 05:16 AM

i think there is an option to have a video camera mounted on ur car to record some of ur laps and if so i will pay out of my pocket to have that done. My mom just got a new 6 MP sony cyber shot camera for mother's day that ill prolly brng to take some pics. I may keep a journal of the 3 days on word and then ill just post it.

Old 05-20-2006, 05:59 AM
4th Gear

there not an option were they let you drive your car with the instructors is there.

Old 05-20-2006, 04:57 PM

no, nor would i want to their cars are faster and when u damage them they just give u another car. U also dont have to worry about brakes, tires and everything else. Alot of open track days have instructors for ur cars thou.

Old 05-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 05-20-2006, 06:01 PM
4th Gear

That is a cool gift and Laguna Seca is a great track. You should have a blast.

Now do a couple of those endurance races on GT3 to learn the correct line around the track, so you will be able to do it in your sleep by the time you get there.

Old 05-20-2006, 06:37 PM
3rd Gear

Congrats! I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Old 05-21-2006, 12:44 AM

Im actually going to be doing the same skip barber 3 day program in a few weeks, as a present this year
... im stoked to go and do it

Congrats to you as well man

Old 05-21-2006, 12:58 AM

yea im very excited. Can not wait.

Quick Reply: My Grad present