AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   New 2.0T Quattro ranked 1st in AWD Sports Sedan camparo. (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/new-2-0t-quattro-ranked-1st-awd-sports-sedan-camparo-24454/)

QuattroGT74 02-05-2006 05:54 PM

RE: New 2.0T Quattro ranked 1st in AWD Sports Sedan camparo.

ORIGINAL: SAudi

im not dissing audi but how did it stand up to the mitsu lancer, the ranting supercar slayer in a a saloon shell.
The Evo was not part of the comparison. Obviously an Evo outperforms an A4 easily. There is not much on the road that an Evo or STi doesn't outperform.

QuattroGT74 02-05-2006 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Yuikio

That's odd, because SPEED, R&T's bastard child tuner magazine, gave the B7 S-line a big "Meh" in its AWD sport sedan shootout.

They compared a 2.0T quattro tip (lame) S-line to the Subaru Legacy GT Spec B and the Mazdaspeed 6, gave 1st to the Mazda, 2nd to the Subie, and distant last to the Audi. Overall, 190.7 points out of 200 to the Mazda, 189.2 to the Subie, and 167.9 to the Audi. Said it was slow, heavy, and understeered piggishly.

Yeah I agree. That's why i don't put much weight on all these "shootouts" the mags do. I used to like R&T but i have noticed that the mag has slowly been going downhill of late. I seem to prefer Automobile and MT. And i hate C&D!

My only explanation is that since SPEED is focused on pure performance they were judging the cars sheerly on performance numbers, where the Audi obviously comes in last. I think the R&T team took into account the entire package, including build, fit and finish, equipment, and they mentioned the intangible "feeling" of the Audi more.

The best mags are Evo, Car, and Top Gear. But they are all UK publications and I only subscribe to Evo which is the best enthusiast publication in the world IMHO.

QuattroGT74 02-05-2006 06:03 PM

ORIGINAL: pturbo

Yep. It's a 3.6 liter turbo. It's got low mileage and I don't take it out daily.
pturbo, sweet car man! I would love to have one of those in my garage.

Good luck on saving for the DD.

Yuikio 02-06-2006 01:33 PM

Have you gotten the new EVO with the RS4 features? Can't wait to read it. They did at least two or three stories with the RS4, which is a sure sign they like it and wanted excuses to drive it.

pturbo 02-06-2006 01:48 PM

ORIGINAL: QuattroGT74

Yep. It's a 3.6 liter turbo. It's got low mileage and I don't take it out daily.

Thanks bro. This shouldnt be this hard, but timing is everything.

pturbo 02-06-2006 01:55 PM

Have you gotten the new EVO with the RS4 features? Can't wait to read it. They did at least two or three stories with the RS4, which is a sure sign they like it and wanted excuses to drive it.
I checked that out at the bookstore. They do like the RS4. I think EVO is an ok mag. There is a lot of stuff in there that we will never see in the States though. It's $10 too!

QuattroGT74 02-06-2006 05:55 PM

ORIGINAL: QuattroGT74

Thanks bro. This shouldnt be this hard, but timing is everything.
Yeah I know what you mean. I had alot of plans for the start of this year but I haven't been able to see any of them through because our new house is eating up all our funds.

QuattroGT74 02-06-2006 05:56 PM

Not yet. I'm waiting for it to arrive. Can't wait to see it though:)

Yuikio 02-07-2006 04:48 AM

I checked that out at the bookstore. They do like the RS4. I think EVO is an ok mag. There is a lot of stuff in there that we will never see in the States though. It's $10 too!
A lot of stuff like...the Pagani Zonda F? Or non-cliched, original, competent, engaging writing? Freedom to do a giant feature about driving a Ferrari to Italy or comparing an F40 to an F430 in the same road test? How about the not-for-American-consumption page count? I think six Motor Trends would fit in one month's worth of EVO in terms of full features and real content.

Besides, a subscription is like $180 a year, and for the best car enthusiast magazine in publication, $10 a month at newsstands is quite alright with me.

pturbo 02-07-2006 06:03 PM

So I take it that you're a fan? :) I haven't looked at it much over the years. I'll give it another look to see if I can agree with your assessment. I gotta say that I haven't noticed any great writing in there yet. But hey, it's a car mag.