Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official AF Venting/Advice Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 04:04 AM
4th Gear
Default Official AF Venting/Advice Thread

Lets see if this one works... im sure everyone has a pet peeve that someone pulls on them one day... or there has been something on your mind you just wanna get out and spill... or, you just had a shitty day and want to talk about it to cheer up... or, you love giving advice, your good and perkin people up and leading people in the right direction... lets be open here, and please, no bs... unless the OP is sarcastic sort of or asks for it... bottom line, be smart about what you say haha...

ANYWHO....

so, as some of you may know, i hadnt had a gf for a long time and was out there looking for one. i fell upon melissa who is a 22 yr old good looking girl. but heres the thing, im leaving for the marines, AND we've already broken up, but one night when i was smashed as hell she talked me back into it. the reason i broke things off in the first place was because she wants to be married within the next two years and have kids soon after BUT im going into the marines and cant give that too her. and now were sorta together, but im trying to push her away in a kind of nice way, cause i do like her, on a friendly level and still want to be ok with her.

heres where it gets interesting...

my ex, of 3 years, started talking to me the other day. and to this day i love her and would pretty much do anything for her, short of leaving the marines or something like that. and on top of that, the one girl who sometimes tore me and my ex apart also started talking to me again... so ive got this like 3-way going on, though im not with any of them...

and yet another catch... my ex and the one girl (mia) HATE each other... and i mean hate. and if one finds out im talking to the other, they'll leave me... even if im just friends with both of them on just a friend level.

ok, ugh, so in a nutshell... im sorta with melissa but i really dont want to be and i dont know what to do... i guess ill just wait and see what happens with my ex and whatever people come along, though i really dont want to get bogged down cause ill probably end up leavin soon anyway

help? haha

Old 11-20-2008, 09:04 AM
4th Gear

oh man, i could have used this yesterday baddly!.. im at school right now and dont feel comfortable typing my personal stuff... ill do it later when i get home

Old 11-20-2008, 09:16 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

tt, you go to not having any girls to having too many girls.
how come the ex of 3 years returned? i hope you're not the rebound guy of what ever relationship she just came off of. that's not fair to you, especially if you never let go of the old feelings, and she should know this. sometimes it's hard to be friends with someone you once loved. unfortunately, some relationships just have to be "all or none". there is and can never be any "in between".

all i can say is that life just sometimes SUCKS. just when you think things are going well, there is sure to be something to slap you in the face.
sometimes i feel like, "oh, i've been happy for awhile, surely the *** kickin is just around the corner, i know it!". i guess if we didn't have the emotional roller coaster, we wouldnt be human, and you can't have love and joy without also having pain and sorrow. we sign up for the entire program and have to learn how to navigate thru it all.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:23 AM
5th Gear

o daym you are in a **** hole. i really think the current girl your kinda with right must be dealt with first. you can't go on like that. just tell her truthfully that it's not working out and that you guys should break up. as for the other 2, why is that girl of 3 years talking to you after i guess she broke up with you? sounds like she's insecure about what she wants. well she's a women so they don't always know wut they want but choosing a man is a trait that girl must have in order for me to get a bit serious with her. as for the mia girl, i don't have enough info to say anything.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Guru

Neither should be doing this. Don't talk to either one of them. Especially if one finds out your talking to the other then they'll be pissed at you too.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:42 PM
1st Gear

So I am gonna go ahead to use this thread too...

Everything kinda sucks at this moment in time, and the ecomony bs really has my ***** in a vice grip. Because of this, I am going to need to sell my car, which really sucks as it is one of my most prized possessions and I am pretty upset. I can't find a second job to cover the car payment, noone wants freelance design work from me because I don't have enough experience. I have worked in design for 1+ yrs, AND the time I was in school, pretty much puts me more in the 3-4 yr experience range. I don't really understand how 10+ yrs experience will differ all that much. Designing is the same, and so is the print process. A 10+ yr designer may know about the past ways of doing things, but we are both working the same ways now.

But the whole thing that started this is that I am selling my car, while 2 people higher up in my department are buying new cars this weekend, and that just sucks...

Old 11-20-2008, 04:49 PM
4th Gear

^is there anything else you can cut back on before the car? how are you going to get to work?

Old 11-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Tech Guru

To that I would say apply at a hospital. Apply for environmental services or nurse's assistant. I also have to say good luck and I hope things look up for you soon.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:59 PM
1st Gear

yea, i can cut back on groceries, like not buying them and not eating. getting rid of the car eliminates the car payment and the full coverage insurance (because of the loan). i can't cut out my school loans, or my house, or hospital bills. so getting rid of the car will put me in the clear, but it still sucks. I can still get to work tho, i know alotta people that work there and can gives me rides.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:03 PM
4th Gear

i dont suggest not eating, because thats your health, and your health and safety should trump everything

i really hope you figure things out

Quick Reply: Official AF Venting/Advice Thread