Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK THIS IS GOING TO GET IT STARTED

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 10:44 PM
1st Gear
Default OK THIS IS GOING TO GET IT STARTED

Sorry if i step on any toes here but i just got to vent. Im watching barret jackson and they have a car going for 1.4 million and its still bidding. NOW HOW IN HELL CAN YOU SPEND THAT KIND OF MONEY ON A CAR I DONT CARE WHAT KIND OF CAR IT IS WHO MADE IT OWNED IT DROVE IT FARTED IN THE SEAT THE FIRST TIME. BUT HOW CAN YOU SPEND THAT KIND OF MONEY KNOWING THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT WORK THERE BUTS OFF 50 60 70 HOURS A WEEK AND CANT PUT FOOD ON THE TABLE.

huff huff huff huff huff huff ok i feel better thank you for your time

Old 04-01-2006, 11:10 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: OK THIS IS GOING TO GET IT STARTED

ORIGINAL: NCAUDITECH

HOW CAN YOU SPEND THAT KIND OF MONEY KNOWING THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT WORK THERE BUTS OFF 50 60 70 HOURS A WEEK AND CANT PUT FOOD ON THE TABLE.
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Are you, or have you ever been a member of the communist party? [8D]

Having said that - I agree that the bidding on those Barret Jackson cars looks pretty stupid - but it's their money! Someday, when you have some money, you can decide if you want to donate it to the workers of the world or buy something really expensive. That's called freedom. Appreciate it.

Old 04-02-2006, 12:12 AM
5th Gear

Haha the communist party comment was priceless.

Old 04-02-2006, 01:05 AM
2nd Gear

Hey Hey Now...

Old 04-02-2006, 01:06 AM
3rd Gear

Probably the same reason you bought your audi, when a much cheaper car would have sufficed, and you could then have sent all the money to starving orphans, or whatever. It's all to do with perspective. They have enough money to spend it on expensive cars, and why not. they have to fork out enough money on tax every year that would probably be more than you would pay in your lifetime. They have paid their dues.

Old 04-02-2006, 01:21 AM
Senior Administrator

I get to take the high road, on this issue, BC the Dealer that I bought MY car from PROMISED me that ALL proceeds would go straight to the local Widows&Orphans fund...

Old 04-02-2006, 01:37 AM
3rd Gear

..you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

Old 04-02-2006, 04:09 AM
5th Gear

When I bought my car, I was promised that it would be detailed by a pack of underpaid widows and orphans. They do alright work.

Old 04-02-2006, 04:48 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: NCAUDITECH

BUT HOW CAN YOU SPEND THAT KIND OF MONEY KNOWING THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT WORK THERE BUTS OFF 50 60 70 HOURS A WEEK AND CANT PUT FOOD ON THE TABLE.
Why on earth should I feel guilty that I busted my *** for years and years and years getting to where I am? Why should I give a damn that someone else doesn't take it upon themselves to make a better life? Why?

This is America. You can do anything here. You can take nothing but an idea and make billions. You have every chance humanly possible. You are given more and more opportunities every day. Anyone who sits back and whines and moans and complains that their life is so hard, and they can't ever seem to get ahead, and that no one is helping them succeed, those people deserve their **** jobs and their run-down houses. I am so sick of hearing people complain about things that they could fix if they weren't such lazy asses.

For the last month or so, there have been people all over Vegas with big *** signs and banners saying things like "Shame on C2 Lofts", "Shame on Onyx Development" and all sorts of things. These people are having some sort of labor dispute with their former employers, evidently. But they've been sitting around for months with no jobs! How fvcking stupid can you be?! Get another god-damned job! I don't care if they fired you for a bad reason, this is a right to work state, they can fire you for no reason at all! Stop expecting everybody else to fix your fvcking problems and move on.

I have had all sorts of set-backs. I shattered my left leg on (or rather, under) a Ducati 996, effectively ending my racing career, did I sit around, moaning about it, whining that I couldn't race anymore? No, I went out an did other things! I had a girl I was dating steal $47k from me, did I sit back and cry that my money was gone and that no one was helping me get it back and that I was ruined? No, I fvcking started over and I moved on. I couldn't get my money back legally, so sitting there obsessing about it wouldn't help a damned thing. I don't expect anyone else to guarantee my future. If I can't do it on my own, then I don't deserve it. People don't know what it is to earn anything anymore. Everybody wants a handout. Everybody expects someone else to fix their problems. Everyone tries to pass the buck, if you're black and can't get a job, it's because the white man won't give it to you, not because you don't know how to do the fvcking job. If you're an illegal immigrant and can't get welfare, it's because the government has a grudge against Mexicans, not because you're not legally a member of this society. If you're a woman and can't work as a bouncer, it's because the management is biased, not because you're half the size of the people you're supposed to bully. If you're white and can't work, it's because Affirmative Action gave it to the minority, not because you don't know how to lay off the Crystal Meth and show up to job interviews when you're supposed to. If your wife leaves you, it's because someone else took her from you, not because you're the lowest scum on the earth and hit her everyday. If you can't get a loan, it's because the bank manager doesn't like you, not because you've defaulted on your last 10 loans. Nobody gets up anymore. Everyone has problems sometimes, but judge a person not by how often they fall down, but by how quickly they get back up. These days, no one gets up, they sue until someone picks them up, carries them to a couch and makes them a fvcking sandwich. Personal accountability is nearly gone in this country.

So, back to the initial question, how can I spend money in a seemingly careless fashion while others can't feed themselves or their families? I can (and do) because I make the effort. I put blood, sweat and tears into making myself the person I am, capable of everything that I am. I sacrificed. I hurt. I tried. Somtimes I failed, other times I succeeded, but I never stopped trying. I EARNED it. Sure there are some people out there who, through external circumstances truly aren't able to provide for themselves in the fullest extent possible. I have no ill will for those people. In '02, I gave $2400 to a 9/11 donation place, and I would have given more, but that was literally all of the cash I had at the time. Last year alone I donated around 20 used cell phones that I had purchased at flea markets to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, and I gave over $7k to the Nevada S.A.F.E House group in addition to my volunteer hours. I mention that to show that I'm not just some money-grubbing *******. I give everything I can to those who need it, those who can't help themselves, those who are in a bad place because of things they had no control over. But I refuse to feel sorry for some person who will not make an effort on their own behalf, or try to make a better life.

Many many moons ago, I was working at a hobby shop for $6 an hour. One time I had some street bum come up to me and ask for $2. I don't know why, but I just got pissed off, here is a guy who's obviously not disabled, you should have seen him jump up and come nearly running over to me. He seemed to be in perfect health, aside from the jaundice associated with heavy drinking. He spoke english well enough. There was no reason this person shouldn't have a regular job besides just being lazy. When he asked for $2, I told him, "look, I make $6 an hour, so tell you what, you sit here on your ***, you can even sit in the shade, for twenty minutes, the same amount of time it takes me to earn this money, and I'll give it to you." You know what? He wouldn't even sit there, JUST SIT THERE for $2. I earned it, why the fvck shouldn't he? How lazy do you have to be, to refuse to sit on your *** for a third of an hour to make the same amount of money that I actually worked for? I think that was the turning point that totally removed any sympathy from me for people who won't do, who choose not to do what the rest of us have to do if we expect to be productive.

So if the poor sap is sitting there working 70 hours a week and still can't take care of him/herself, I don't feel a thing, because they could do better. Nothing is impossible except that which you believe is impossible. I'm a first generation American, my mother was born in Dublin, Ireland, my father in Palermo, Sicily. I grew up in Brooklyn, disliked by Italians and Irish alike because I wasn't full blooded on either side. I never had a trust fund, I never had a father, he died before I was born, I never had anything above what anyone else had. I am where I am and who I am today for one reason, I wanted to be. I don't feel bad for other people's self-imposed limitations. I don't feel bad that they're not moving up in life, because they're not putting in the effort to change anything. "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results." So keep working the 70 hours, see if anything changes. Meanwhile, I'll buy whatever car I feel like buying, because I fvcking earned it.

[/probably highly offensive rant]

*Spelling Edit*

Old 04-02-2006, 05:00 AM
4th Gear

So there you have it, NooB.

Welcome to Audi Forums! [sm=happybounce.gif]

I'm certain that your 12th post will reflect all that you have learned here today.

Quick Reply: OK THIS IS GOING TO GET IT STARTED