Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
OK to openly carry
82.14%
NOT OK to openly carry
17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Ok, lets discuss openly carrying a firearm

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Default RE: Ok, lets discuss openly carrying a firearm

carrying it and using it is where the law comes in, going down to your local pub and getting drunk could be serious, if I had one and visible I would use it if they pulled a weapon on me without a second thought but I would shoot low and not for the kill ( a deterrent ) but that's a gray area in the eyes of the law they get away with it you wont

Old 12-08-2006, 05:34 PM
5th Gear

i know no ones going to forget columbine but really you cant blame open carry laws and other gun laws for a fucked up kid... he would have gotten those guns one way or another and theres not alot anyone can do about that unless your gunna take all guns out of the country and completely ban them, but then there would just be a black market for them and people would just get them that way...

and yea people deffinatly need more training before they should be able to get guns cuz there are some real retards out there
ORIGINAL: Palindari

Sorry - voted against - with today video games training youths on "shoot first - negotiate whenever" tactics this is not a good idea.

Unless they go through a rigorous training course.

Being retired Army - I'm no anti-gun nut or pro-NRA freak - but I've seen stupidity in all shapes and sizes - to include a few accidental discharges - one resulting in a death.

So, no, can't see it being a good thing - or have we forgotten Columbine and all they other such incidents...?

Old 12-08-2006, 05:34 PM

interesting thought here what would be more dangerous the gun or a trained black belt ( he doesn't need a weapon he is one )

Old 12-08-2006, 05:35 PM
4th Gear

The accidental discharge thing would become huge. Some guy sitting behind me in a movie theater is showing his buddy his new gun and they together manage to blow my head off. There is no training course that can take the stupid out of people.

Old 12-08-2006, 05:41 PM

totally agree more people have been killed because of this than some wars, here is another twist ( should people be trained in martial arts ) instead of the gun, martial arts has discipline which is learned for many years rather than pulling a trigger which any idiot can do, martial arts is one of my hobbies

Old 12-08-2006, 06:12 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6
interesting thought here what would be more dangerous the gun or a trained black belt ( he doesn't need a weapon he is one )
Well you pretty much answered my rebuttal on this - martial arts teaches restraint hand in hand with attack - in fact most martial arts are based a defensive posture.

As for taking guns out of the country and/or banning them is like saying you take away everyone's car overnight - ain't gonna happen, mate.

But to make it easier - and maybe even fashionable - to openly carry a firearm....

Look at it this way - we all have unique rides and most of us do not shirk from a challenge at a race, right?

How do you think guns will be. Look at us with our Audis, what if everyone starts accessorizing with firearms - bigger calibers, hair triggers, more explosive grains, split hollow points, lazer sights, etc, etc, etc... lol... I can see it now[:-]

Old 12-08-2006, 06:34 PM
1st Gear

Afterall it is one of our Rights in this country: The right to bear arms.

Realize that much of the Bill of Amendments was writen because they had lived with an opressive government(sorry those UK guys but in the 16-1700's you were dicks ). They wanted to create a government that was run by the people and for the people. The idea being that we wouldn't want to opress ourselves.

With time the government has leached more and more power/control since a great number of people don't care enough to govern themselves. Anyway by making guns illgeal or near impossible to carry the are creating a false and real power difference between them and you. If everybody openly carried a gun then you wouldn't be able to use a gun as an advantage as easily. The real power difference comes with police having guns and everyone else not. Sounds like Marshal Law if you ask me.

Like everyone who is pro-OC knows those that commit crimes carry consealed and just ignore the laws. Not need to punnish the masses because of the errors of a few.

It sucks that $$ talks and the rich don't want guns because they can't hastle themselves with carrying one. Here not having a gun is a way do put them above those who have them since guns are sterotyped with dumb rednecks or gangs/thugs. The poor who need them are ignored or blamed for the gun violence problems. Problems created b/c they can't defend, or appear to defend themselves.

I don't own a gun or feel that I would need to openly carry. Thats not to mean I don't want the option to. I would say that having a licensing/registration process is needed just to keep track. Hell I think it would be a great idea to fingerprint guns. So that they can be tracked more easily. That way the law enforcement has a gun to match the bullet they found, even if the killer tossed the gun into the bottom of the river. Granted that gun would probably be listed as stolen, or illegal completly but it couldn't hurt.

man i started blabbing again.

Old 12-08-2006, 06:45 PM

its your right to defend your self by using equal force the gun takes it to a higher level because you can kill from a distance so your opponent has no chance whether your the attacker or the aggressor and explain your position to the law ( it wasn't me he pulled a gun on me and threatened to shoot, no sir I was on my way home when he attacked me he was drunk )

Old 12-08-2006, 06:59 PM
4th Gear

Mate, it's go nothing to do with crime, honestly. It's more to do with responsibility. No one will argue what right the Bill of Rights afford us as Americans in carrying them - thank God for that.

But if more peeps carried weapons - what do you think will happen if any stressful situation gets out of hand? Will it be used to settle the dispute? In my line of business I see peeps lose their cars trying to run over ex's and such - do you think having a weapon strapped to their side is going to help?

But let's go one further - let's say and average Joe of 5'7" weighing 180lbs with a sidearm gets acosted by a 6 ft 250lb a$$hole without one. Unless he's a fast draw he'll most likely get pistol whipped if he's lucky - I hate to see the worst.

We can whip up all sorts of "what if" scenerios - but human nature being what it is I can see pturbo's accident happening a great deal more than most would care to admit.

Old 12-08-2006, 07:46 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Ok, lets discuss openly carrying a firearm