Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PASSED the driving test!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 12:06 AM
dan
2nd Gear
Default RE: PASSED the driving test!

Congrats on passing the test.

<daddy mode> But seriously you probably shouldnt be "driving you car the way you have been wanting to without you dad in there" as tempting as it is, until you are comfortable enough to deal with any situation that may crop up. This goes doubly for residential areas </daddy mode>

Drive safe and enjoy your new found freedom

Old 06-23-2005, 01:12 AM
2nd Gear

Congrat's and drive safe. Like panda said, you don't need to impress anybody....specially chicks in the passenger side...at least most of the time i have chicks in the passenger side they are not paying attention ahead, just attention to My Head!...be very careful!!!!!!!

Old 06-23-2005, 01:15 AM
2nd Gear

best advice of all and the hardest to follow at a young age:

DONT DRINK AND DRIVE... i know its hard, just trade DD responsibilities with a bunch of your buddies.

Old 06-23-2005, 01:20 AM

Like above... listen to that for sure. I have know so many people that have DUI's

Having a license isnt a right... its a responsibility... YADDA YADDA YADDA.

Good job, now go out into the night and get the ladies.

Old 06-23-2005, 04:43 PM

be careful and dont drive crazy. I am one that crashed my first car so i had it fixed then sold it.

Old 06-23-2005, 07:51 PM
2nd Gear

Ah....I hope you do not live in NYC cause I don't want you near my car trying to park!

Ah grasshopper, when you can parallel park your car from both the left hand and right hand side of the street, while angry cab drivers and delivery truck drivers are shouting obcenities, honking horns and threatening your life....then you may leave the temple.

Good luck!

Old 06-23-2005, 11:53 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: TomRitt

^^Yup i remember when I first got my liscence I drove like a fricken idiot. thank god I never hurt anyone. Also remember that most teenagers crash their first car!

Congrats and be safe
Yep congrats.

I drove like an idiot too, even wrecked my first car.... It's a tough lesson to learn and when your 16 you think you can do anything, only to find out you can't.

Good advice everyone.

Old 06-24-2005, 02:48 AM
5th Gear

Yeah, good to see all the advice being offered... lets hope he takes it. I mean, it is OK to have fun every now and then, but there is a time and place for that. You should try and picture your driving, as though you were one of the cars beside you. Are you the as*hole that is weaving in and out of cars, every damned time you're on the highway? Things like that.

Old 06-24-2005, 02:56 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for all the advice guys, i went a little crazy my first day but i have deffinatly slowed down and become alot more carefull. Too many deer in my area.
abacab, no worries not in NYC, and will never try to parrallel park for a good few years. lol

Old 06-25-2005, 11:37 PM
2nd Gear

They make you parallel park? For my test, I have to show the arm signals, back out of a parking spot, pull into traffic, drive straight a little, make a couple lefts (one unprotected), a couple rights, and park on a curb. They don't make us do a full on parallel parking job with cars or cones on either side, just pull up to a curb. No wonder no one in Norcal can drive!

I take my test Friday, July 1st.

If you stall on a clutch you fail.
If you run any stop signs or lights, you fail.
If you accelerate too fast or stop to fast, you lose points.

From what I have heard from all my friends, the trick is just to drive slow, make it very obvious when you are checking mirrors, ect. And I look around at all my friends who don't know how to drive and think, "If they passed, I can pass."

Quick Reply: PASSED the driving test!