Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pioneer Avic D3 Install - FINISHED!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 04:48 PM
4th Gear
Default Pioneer Avic D3 Install - FINISHED!!!!!

Ok well it's all in now!!!! Took me about 8 hours to do the total install from start to finish. I did run into a few problems but those were sort of my fault. One of them was that I was trying to run power to the bluetooh and XM receivers but I cut the wrong wires and ended up killing my ABS and Traction Control systems. LOL SO I had to go back and fix that and then just decided to run the wires all the way back to the front for power.

Needless to say it was all WAY worth it! This thing is SWEET! The navigation is cool and works well, sound it has is great! My Subwoofer is MUCH MUCH louder now compared to when it was in the car with the stock HU and I now have XM, IPOD, and Bluetooth in my car now! So now onto the pictures!

All the boxes of stuff.

Thats EVERYTHING that is going into the car! Yeah It's a lot!

Main wiring harness.

One of the cats (MAX) watching me work.

The bluetooth microphone. I installed it in the factory location by the sun-roof controls.

My counsel all torn apart.

All the wires STILL waiting to be put in the car.

I ran the bluetooth wire through the headliner across the passenger side of the car.

I ran the wire down the back and then down the side of the rear seat. You can barely see the wire.

You can see the XM (grey box closest to you) and the bluetooth (black box farthest from you) boxes. I mounted them there and then ran all the wires to the front.

The XM radio antenna mounted on the back deck of the car. I also mounted the NAV GPS antenna back there to on the other side of the brake light.

The wires going from the back seat to the front.

I ran the wires under the panel on the side by the floor.

Then I ran the wires up under the glovebox to the back of the radio.

The finished install!

The finished install with the radio turned on.

Playing a movie on the screen! This picture looks bad but in person it looks REALLY good!

You can see that the red in the screen matches really well with the rest of the car.

Another night picture.

Ok, here are the parts you need:

Metra Electronics Corp. - 40-VW54 - Amplified Antenna Adaptor

Metra Electronics Corp. - 70-1787 - Wiring Harness To Wire Into Bose Speakers w/OUT having to re-run wires

Metra Electronics Corp. - 99-9105 - The Dash Kit. It comes with a lot more than what you need but it is the only one that looks good IMO.

All these items can be bought off of crutchfield.com.

As for the bluetooth adaptor just go get the D3x package. It comes with that plus the remote for a REALLY good price.

Hope you all enjoy it! If you guys are looking for any type of in-dash DVD/Navigation systems you should consider this one. It's amazing!

Josh

************************************************** ************************************************** *******************************************

I just got my bonus from work so now I have money ;D I decided to get a Pioneer Avic D3 Nav unit for my S4. I will update this thread with pictures of the install once I get all the parts I need. I called every car audio place here in Spokane, Valley, and CDA and NO ONE has all the parts I need. So I had to order the dashkit and a special wiring harness since I have the BOSE system in my car. I really don't want to re-run all the wires for all the speakers PLUS I can now have 5.1 Surround sound in my car to watch movies with! Here are some pictures of everything thats going into the car. I got a sweet package deal that came with the HU, Bluetooth system for my cell phone, I-Pod adaptor cable, and a remote for $800! I should have the other parts monday or tuesday.

All the stuff.
OH And see that blue case thing sitting behind everything? In that case are 2 1796 Bust Dollars (Coins) that I am shipping to someone for work. Each one of those coins is $11,000!!!! Yes, $11,000 EACH!!!! Just thought I would mention that. LOL

More Stuff (The dash kit here doesn't fit my car)

Part of the wiring harness.

Josh

Old 03-29-2008, 06:02 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Pioneer Avic D3 Install

Sweet! Have fun installing it!

Old 03-29-2008, 06:14 PM

Should be sweet when you get it done. I'm hoping to get the same unit here in the next month, so keep us posted and make sure to put up lots of pics when you do the install

Old 03-29-2008, 06:28 PM
2nd Gear

How does this compare to the RNS-E? (Or Audi type Nav)

Old 03-29-2008, 07:48 PM
1st Gear

What's your address...cuz umm I wanna 'look' at those coins

Old 03-29-2008, 10:47 PM
4th Gear

HAHA Yeah I will get a lot of pictures during the install.

And with the coins.... Good luck!

Josh

Old 03-29-2008, 10:55 PM

I bet you're going to love your new Navi. I got the same one and I am thrilled with it. It works really well and it looks so clean, almost like it came stock with the car.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:05 PM
4th Gear

dude-ur a balla! buy me a RS4

Old 03-30-2008, 01:32 AM

Yea man this is hott unit i personally have the alpine with the blackbird setup but the d3 is just as good. My question to u is whatMetra parts u are using for ur installation I work in a retail store in jersey if u have a 2002 s4 it should be the mtr99-9102the harness is mtr701787 and i recommend u get the mtr 40vw54 which is amplified antenna adaptor let me know if u need any help

Old 03-30-2008, 11:06 AM
4th Gear

Holy crap, Spiel - your new sig is messing with my head...

Quick Reply: Pioneer Avic D3 Install - FINISHED!!!!!