Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Put money on a new gun today

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 03:08 AM
2nd Gear
Default Put money on a new gun today

After months of research and indecision, I finally put down money on a new gun. I had actually been looking for one for a bit, but there is a really big shortage on springfield armory guns. Anyway, I got a springfield armory M1A Scout (the shorter barrel one). My friend and I have always been talking about going pig hunting, but I didn't really want to use my SKS, so I figured the M1A would be good.

Plus I'll be a youngest guy at my range I've ever seen with his own M1A. Price tag was $1775, the last one too. Everywhere I called said they were all out and backed up on special orders as well, and I don't like to buy guns I don't see first (even if it is brand new).

Anyway, I think I'll throw a mild scope on the built in weaver rail, a QD harris bipod, and a nice sling. 10 days from now I'll post up pics.

And just my luck, I met a girl who loved my bike, wants to go shooting with me, likes my same cigs.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:38 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: Put money on a new gun today

Noooooooooooooooooo! No scope on the M1! Iron sights! Especially the scout version. You shouldn't need a scope if you're just using it on the range. Hella awesome, though, and that's a decent price.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:19 PM
4th Gear

hmmm...

At one time I had my own little aresenal...

Ruger P38 9mm (first pistolIever bought)
S & W .357 Magnum
Ruger .22 pistol (loved that thing!)
Remington 870 shotgun - collapsable stock
Olympic Arms AR 15 - with an interchangeble CAR 9mm upper assemble (another fun weapon)
Marlin 30/30 lever action

Then in April of 1993 - when I was living in Colorado Springs, CO, having been reassigned to Ft Carson- some nitwit walked into a biker bar called Jim and I's that was only 3 blocks away from the apartment I was renting - with an AK47, shotgun, 2 pistols and 4 grenades and opened up on the place because they had earlier tossed his weak *** out.

An old Army buddy, Nick Nichols,was there and was killed with about 4 or 5 others. He had gotten out years before and though he belonged to the Sons of Silence baker gang (1%er) he was trulya decent stand-up guy.

About a month later I had sold all of my weapons at a considerable loss.

But with all of this "gun" talk - I'm honestly thinking about buying that Ruger .22 pistol again [&:]lol

Old 06-29-2007, 12:32 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Damn, that's really horrible. Like most gun owners/carriers, I hope never to have to use them...

Old 06-29-2007, 03:13 PM
2nd Gear

One question: Why you would spend $1775 on a gun......

Old 06-29-2007, 03:25 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Because guns kick *** and they last longer than cars! I almost spent about $3000 on a gun but i bought an Audi instead!

Old 06-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: Woodhead2k

One question: Why you would spend $1775 on a gun......
lol if i had the money i would get an accuracy internation in .338, about 3500 and a S&B scope, about 3000.
guns get expensive very fast

Old 06-29-2007, 04:05 PM
SoCal Crew Member

I'd rather get downpipes for my car..... something i would actually use everyday and enjoy....plus wouldn't harm anyone or anything.....

Old 06-29-2007, 05:55 PM
4th Gear

ditto

Old 06-30-2007, 09:57 PM
2nd Gear

I was thinking about an Aimpoint or ACOG style scope, but thats another bit of money... I always shoot iron sights at the range anyway. Most people at my range don't know how to shoot and just bought an expensive scoped bolt gun and think they are super sharpshooters or something. I always laugh when I outshoot them with my beat up Yugo SKS on iron sights with cheap military surplus ammo.

Quick Reply: Put money on a new gun today