Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 01:04 PM
3rd Gear
Default QUESTION

If there was a web site that listed all the dealerships in your area and gave them a rating on satisfation, and how they treated thier customers based on people's experience would you one, use it, and two also write in feed back?

this question comes from the last few months and the problems I have had with the dealerships i have so far called, the web site would be like a forum but also a data-base where you can look up past problems other people have had with dealerships.. Almost forcing dealers to be more honest and treat thier customers better, if it got big enough it just might change the way dealerships treat people.. let me know your thoughts.. Im interested in finding out what other people think, and if I should realy start such a web-site.

Old 08-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: QUESTION

YEs, I would, and, yes, I would. Have you done a google to see if such a site already exists?

Old 08-23-2006, 02:56 PM
3rd Gear

nothing exist that I have found there is the Better Business Bureau, but i was thinking on more of a consumer rating system, and if there was any problems with the BBB with that dealership it would show up on the site with a direct link to file a compaint. but I was thinking more of an imformation data base that would show consumers where to buy a car and what place to avoid in an atemp to clean up the way the delaers do business, not only in sales but in serivce

Old 08-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Senior Administrator

Sound like a GREAT idea. How long before you get a site up? And, more importantly, do you plan on $elling out for the mighty adverti$ing dollar$ available to web$ite$ that cater to tho$e of u$ who like car$?

Old 08-23-2006, 04:37 PM
3rd Gear

I have to talk about it with my friend who dose web desgin, as far as advertising I dont know if I would consider it selling out, but if the sight got polular enough to a point where the advertising could be a consideralbe amount of moeny I would consider some but i wouldnt let comapnys that have bad names advertise. I would allow dealers that have a good name, and one that has been backed by the site advertise I dont consider that selling out..

Old 08-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Senior Administrator

Honestly, I do hope it comes to fruition. And, by selling out, I tink teh definition of THAT would be to accept $$$ from a stealership (HEY! I just had a GREAT idea, list the BAD ones under the banner "STEALERSHIPS," and teh GOOD ones under a "DEALERSHIP" banner... Huh? Huh?) to "place" them in the GOOD column, regardless of their status. THAT would be selling out, muh Man. THAT would be selling out! So... Ummm... DON'T do THAT, OK?!?!

Serioussly, to avoid ANY perceptions of playing favorites, I don't think you should accept avdertising dollars from any dealers, Stealoers or not. Only from product Vendors, and such. Just a thought.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:57 PM
3rd Gear

yea thats probibly a good idea, I wouldnt want the moeny to get in the way of the meaning of the sight, its to rate dealers not promote them, the sucsess of the sight would really be determind by user feedback, if more people went to the sight, and left comments then the sight would work, but if they didnt well then

Old 08-24-2006, 03:01 PM
1st Gear

You would probably need to make your own adds on other sites, if you could afford it. Or just spam links on forums.

Old 08-24-2006, 03:29 PM
3rd Gear

i just found a sight that is exactly that i just described..lol so **** it.. no need to make another..

Old 08-24-2006, 04:44 PM
Senior Administrator

link?

Well, check out teh site and ask yourself if YOU can do it better? If so, go ahead with your idea... Maybe YOU'LL put THEM out of the dealer-rating business

Quick Reply: QUESTION