Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ranting

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 08:51 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default Ranting

I saw a kid the other day with a lowered bone stock mid 90's Accord with a massive "Password:JDM" banner on it (I'm guessing at least 25hp gain from it) and, I'm not joking, pink headlights. Not blue, or purple, but pink. I'm assuming he just had headlight film on them, and he didn't actually have pink bulbs but, it pisses me off that so many ricers like that can drive around and not get pulled over, but I get pulled over because my tint is too dark. The limit here in MA is 35% but my tint reads between 33-34%. I haven't been successfully ticketed yet for it (thank God because it's a $300 ticket) because the margin of error on the reading device the police use is +/- 2%. I just hate the fact that the cops will pull me over with the assumption that I'm a drug dealer, and ignore the ricer with 12 violations.

Bleah.

BTW, how many horsepower does 'illegal' tint add, anyway?

Old 03-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Default RE: Ranting

This confirms my passionate hatred for the ricer family. Next time you see him provide his face with a nice slug.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:10 PM

To answer your question, it depends how illegal it is. If you are barely breaking the law but you still are a rebel than +15 horsepower. If your tint is so dark you can't see out the windows from inside than that is a good 50 horsepower to all four wheels even if your not awd.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:27 PM
3rd Gear

I hear what you are saying, they do get pulled over, just not as much.

Now, what I have a problem with is people who do illegal things on their cars then complain when they get pulled over. You are literarily asking for it. My other car is a EVO, & the EVO guys are ALWAYS crying that they get pulled over for no front plate. Yea, you don't have one on there, if you did you would not get pulled over.

Same for tint, if you go to dark, expect some attention from the Popo.

I'm from Mass, and I know they do the vehicle inspection every year, will they pass you with illegal tint? I know the pink headlights will not pass.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:24 PM
1st Gear

they will only pass you if you know the person doing the inspection.... i live in MA as well and i just got my license back 2 days ago, b/c it was taken for my tint being to dark.... 5% all around... looks awesome, but not worth the $250 ticket and the $500 license reinstatement fee[:@]

got the legal tint on there now tho

Old 03-28-2007, 03:55 PM
2nd Gear

Yea massachusetts haha.. i rock out to the 35% ontop of the factory 2-3% so technically im in that illegal group with you and i have yet to be pulled over for it.... I also think that overall look combined with your tint affects it.. if your car looks tuned and looks like a race car then you will get more attention and then they will focus on the tint... with most pos ricers there cars just look like piles of SH*t so the cops dont look twice.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:04 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

I am good friends with the guy who does my inspections and I pointed out that the machines have a margin of error of ±2%. He let me slide because my car totally passed with flying colors on everything else. Plus, he checked the fronts, and it read 33% then the rears at 34%, then checked again a few minutes later and got 34% on both. It really depends on how clean not only the glass is, but how clean the machine is, too. If there is any dirt or dust on the sensors, it will throw off the reading. I doubt that the 5-0 keep that in a spotless environment, so that's always an arguement in my favor.