Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Red/Blue LED

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2022, 03:06 AM
1st Gear
Default Red/Blue LED

Hello:
Not new to Openspot. Have OS1's, OS2's and an OS3 (worst for reliability and Wifi).

Device randomly goes into Red/Blue LED state. Manual stated its connected to WiFi but cannot connect to the server. Yet, I cannot access the web interface or ping the device. This tells me, its NOT connected to WiFi.

A reboot fixes it for a while, 5 minutes to 45 minutes and same again. I have solid Internet, not using proxy.

The same device seems to freeze when streaming audio and muting or unmuting.

I really think I have a fauly unit. Also, Wi-Fi, its so weak, anything more than a few feet away from an access point, you may not get it to work.

Old 06-16-2022, 06:59 PM
1st Gear

You're too worried about how the LEDs are shining. Sometimes the chips may be incorrectly soldered, which causes an error in their operation. The most important thing is whether the device receives the signal and works well. I had a similar problem with an old LED strip. The installation did not correctly execute commands from the remote control. However, I did not deal with this problem and bought a new classic Vont Strip Light. If you are seriously concerned about this problem, contact an electrician. It will determine exactly why the device incorrectly catches the signal from the router.