Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Republican or Democrat?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 06:50 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Republican or Democrat?

ORIGINAL: audilover04

Republican but open minded. i.e. on abortion pro choice
Ditto that..

Old 08-02-2005, 08:21 PM

I am a member of the "Common Sense Party". I started it myself!

Old 08-02-2005, 08:32 PM
2nd Gear

IN response to abacab I'm guessing you got those statistics from a Liberal newspaper, or even worse website based of the east coast. The facts are correct the government has increased in size, because both the Democrats and Republicans are no longer left and right wing but both approaching the center of the political spectrum, trying to appeal to the most voters. The fact is that if we had a democrat in office right now or government would be growing far more rapidly and our Economy would be far worse off. But I guess we have to respect everyones political views, just remember anything you read in the New York Times, Boston Globe, etc. take it with a grain of salt and do a little investigating your self. If your looking for another source for some liberal propaganda watch the Dailyshow on Comedy Central, its a hilarious show, but you need to keep in mind its a comedy shows slant on the news not the actual thing.

Old 08-02-2005, 11:27 PM
Senior Administrator

I consider myself to be a member of the "TRB," or Thinking Reasning Being party. We of the TRB reserve the right to vote our conscience. If a Republican has the better concept/idea/platform he gets my vote. If a Democrat has the better concept/idea/platform he gets my vote. If the entity who happens to have the best plan happens to be a Three-Toed Sloth... OK, I'm not voting for a Sloth. I DID say THINKING REASONING BEING, after all, didn't I?

So, who's with me? A new movement! A new Party. A Tri-Cameral system!!!

Old 08-02-2005, 11:36 PM

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

I consider myself to be a member of the "TRB," or Thinking Reasning Being party. We of the TRB reserve the right to vote our conscience. If a Republican has the better concept/idea/platform he gets my vote. If a Democrat has the better concept/idea/platform he gets my vote. If the entity who happens to have the best plan happens to be a Three-Toed Sloth... OK, I'm not voting for a Sloth. I DID say THINKING REASONING BEING, after all, didn't I?

So, who's with me? A new movement! A new Party. A Tri-Cameral system!!!

It seems this TRB party shares alot of the same ideas with the Common Sense Party.

Old 08-03-2005, 02:14 AM
3rd Gear

The Common Sense party has no ******* chance in America.

Old 08-03-2005, 02:23 AM
1st Gear

registered Green Party member, thank you

Old 08-03-2005, 02:24 AM
1st Gear

and i would like to remind everyone that we did not endorse ralph nader (at least not in PA)

Old 08-03-2005, 02:48 AM
2nd Gear

honestly, i ended up voting "against" instead of actually "for" someone this past election. i like having the right to vote, but not really trusting of what the US media gives me.

Old 08-03-2005, 03:28 AM
2nd Gear

Not of age to vote (one more year!), but I consider myself a conservative. I'm closer to libritarian than I am republican, but I suppose thats because of the Neo-Con invasion of the Republican party.

I stand for a strict interpretation of The Constitution and Bill of Rights. Let me know when a candidate with a chance to win does that - until then I'll have to settle for voting against Hitlery and/or the Democrats in 2008, instead of for a Republican.