Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ricer moment?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 04:55 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Ricer moment?

god damn

Old 04-28-2005, 05:02 AM
5th Gear

speaking of god damn....spencer, get rid of that god damn advertisement in your sig....

Old 04-28-2005, 05:10 AM
Administrator

let him have it, its like not its hurting anyone and im sure no one even clicking on it

Old 04-28-2005, 05:17 AM
2nd Gear

ok....17 years old...trying to keep up with my friends v8 camero in a '72 2002. flying down a freeway, I couldn't hang with him, but we were headed for a tight twisty road, headed for my friends house....so I thought Icould make up the gap on him on the off-ramp, a long up hill, going into a 90 degree off camber turn (of course there was a signal at this intersection), and then make a quick pass before we got to the tight twistys and stay infront all the way to my friends place.....

ok, reality set in about the time that I noticed that I was going way to fast to make the 90 degree turn and in fact I thought about bailing out and just going straight, which would have put me on an onramp for the freeway................but no................................

the signal at the intersection turns red..............................

/
/
/
/
and of course I am in way....................too......................de ep.....................lock up all four wheels......................think about modulating, but there is nfw.....cars are starting to
enter the intersection and I am in danger of t-boning someone....................

so...at the last moment.....

my brain kicks in from the sheer I AM FCKED moment that it is in..................

And I get of the brakes for a millasecond ...............

and turn into the right hander............

get back on the brakes...............

total oversteer....................

180 and go *** backwards into the intersection.......................

wait for the impact.......................

and luckily put the clutch in...................

slide *** backwards into the center of the intesection..................

by gods graces, dont hit any one or anything

and no one hits me......................

exhale....................

smile to my co-pilot.............

drop into 1st...............

and drive away like nothing happened.....................

I was such a idiot.....

thought I had some skills............................................ ...

luckily...............the lesson didnt cost me anything ...............just a giant adrenaline rush

Old 04-28-2005, 05:20 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

let him have it, its like not its hurting anyone and im sure no one even clicking on it
i'm just messing with him because he's spencer....

Old 04-28-2005, 05:24 AM
Administrator

abacab lovely story that must of been a hell of pee in your pants experiance

Old 04-28-2005, 05:37 AM
1st Gear

Well I think the most riced out thing I did was put and underglow neon kit on my cousins scooter and drive it around for a whole evening. It was so funny though...

Old 04-28-2005, 05:48 AM
Administrator

got the lights and all

Old 04-28-2005, 07:38 AM

At the time, my dad had a 1996 Mercedes C220. That was when the whole obsession with cars really started, when I got my license... it was my next big step into manhood.. FREEDOM. When I got my license I immediatly took his car out. My best friend got his license at the end of 8th grade (he was held back a year or two in elementary school) and had been big in the street racing scene. Not like Fast and the Furious style stuff... just bullshiting around at industrial parks... showing off for girls. Its 1 in the morning and my friend wants me to race this integra with alot of visual mods ( I thought it was soo cool... keep in mind I knew NOTHING about cars). I agreed and the course was set. We would loop around a couple buildings and finish where we started. Also, keep in mind my Dads car was an automatic... moving on.

Much like Grease, we had this girl wave us in then she told us to go when she let her hands down. We were off... and I was smoking him. This car was pretty quick and it just wanted to keep going. We are coming around to the first bend, I figure its pretty easyto make turns in an exspensive car, right? Money translates into a better handling ride... I thought my car wouldnt handle like every other car because it was a Benz. I was wrong... I throw it through the corner and slam the gas... its rear wheel drive mind you. I had BAD OVERSTEER... but I tried my hardest to counter steer while my best friend is having the greatest time. I thought I was taking care of the situation but I threw the car the opposite way with twice the force... smashing rear left rim into a curb.

Not a good experience... my dad was pissed.

Old 04-28-2005, 11:47 AM
2nd Gear

alright here i go with my without license @ss LOL, when i turned 17 i got my license because i didnt get my permit as soon as i turned 15 so i had to wait extra year. but when i got the license i was driving my moms accord for few months until i got my car and that car is so light that most of the time when i was driving i would be doing doughnuts or when i hit the curve little bit too fast just pull the E brake and straighten it out LOL. One time it was raining outside and i was in front of this Bosnian bar so i sped up and pulled the E brake and came about 2 inches from hitting the huge parking lot light and never did anything like that after that

Quick Reply: Ricer moment?