Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ricer moment?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 05:34 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Ricer moment?

Panda-
Yep...total 'oh h#ll" moment....
Of course that didn't stop the stupidity completely...
4 years later I am with the same friend. We know have indentical 1978 accords...I think they had about 92hp. So we decide to race each other down this 4 lane curvy road. it's late late late, no one on the road...and we are pegging the speedo at about 104, about a foot from each other....of course this was on a major down hill.

And of course we would do this over and over again,

really stupid....

Old 04-28-2005, 05:36 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Ricer moment?

Aliel - THat is a CLASSIC!

Old 04-28-2005, 06:45 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi Rollover

Aright im driving home from work in my brand new audi a4 literally 4 days old one night on this windy road near my house. When all of a sudden a red 300ogt flys by me outa no where sooo i slam the gas it wasnt a vr4 so i was eager to **** with him. So were bombin down these abc roads i finally get a good angle and pass him but by this time im going wayyy too fast. IM comin up on a turn not thinking much of it just down shift and pump the brake a bit but i hit a sheth of black ice and instantly go sideways. I try to recover but oversteer my recovery wayy too much slamming into a snobank on the side of the road. Before i kno it i hit a ditch sending the car into the air. the car slams back onto the ground only to start rolling. I go unconcious when the windshield hits me i rolled 3 times before landing upright on my wheels. the guy in the 3000gt saved my life by not moving me but getting blankets and clothes on me to keep me warm untill help arrived. (were i live is sumwhat remote). Safe to say ill never be doing nething like that again. (ihave pictures if ne one wants me to email them)

Old 04-28-2005, 07:05 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Audi Rollover

Ok when I was 18 or so. I was in one of my 88 Pontiac Grand Prix ( owned like 3 of them ) we were all hanging out i a parking lot. I go to leave and my buudy Roy jumps on the hood of my car to get me to stop and hang out for a while. Well instead of stopping I go tearing out of the parking lot spinning tire with this kid hanging on to the lip of my hood screaming for deer life. I drove down Drew Mt. Road ( which is a windy twisty downhill ru) at like 60 mph for at least 2 miles. When we get to the bottom the kid looked like he sh** his pants. So instead of letting this kid get off the hood of my car I come to almost a complete stop turn my car around in the middle of the road. I see him loosen up his grip and as he's doing this I mash on the gas and do the same thing back up the hill. We pull back into the parking lot where we were hanging out and guess who is waiting for us...

You guessed it Vernon's finest..haha...so the cop starts reading me the riot act like I did such a bad thing. After him yelling for like 15 minutes at me he finally lets me go.

Good thing the chief of police is my neighbor: we got off no tickets just a warning.

Bad thing the chief of police is my neighbor: My mom gave me such a rash of sh** I wish the cop would have just given me a handful of tickets and kept it quiet.

But it was still a good time

Old 04-28-2005, 07:46 PM
Senior Administrator

First, I want to thank you all for some VERY entertaining reading. I want you all to know that, due to the experiences you've shared with me, and similiar ones from my own misspent youth, my Son will NEVAH, EVAH, EVAH, EVAH get his hands on my Audi. Oh, he'll be welcome to roll in my POS Camry, but not EVAH my Audi.

That being said, I could prob post about 2-, mebbee 3-HUNDRED bone-headed moments from the last 25 years of my driving experiences, but I'll start with one from about half a dozen years ago, when I was in Germany. Although I knew, on some level, that stuff was flamable, it never really struck a resonate chord, until...

I used to roll a Black Opel Calibra Turbo. (see attached pic) Schweeeeeeeeeet car. AWD, 2.0L-4, 16V, 6-ganger(speed). Topped out atta bout 175-180mph-ish, bone-stock! Required super-premium petro to run at top form, but was intelligent enough to retard the spark if anything less than liquid platinum was poured into the tank.

Banging down the autobahn usually meant I was rollin right around 160KmH (100mph), UNLESS I was in a hurry, then I'd SPEED!!! So, I'm headed back to my apartment in Laudenbach (halfway between Darmstadt & Heidelberg, in case you're familiar with the area), from my job in Stuttgart (130-140 miles apart, FTR) and in no particular hurry. Full tank (topped of b4 I hit the highway because it's Friday and I plan on hittin the road HARD for the weekend (don't remember why, prob some female). North on the A5 about 15min south of H'berg (travelling @ 115-120mph) and my car starts to hesitate and stumble. Just the ocassional miss, at first, but I'm concerned enough to back outta the throttle, just a hair. It continues, and it's getting progressively WORSE! Now I'm in th eright lane (they tend to practice better lane dicpline, in Europe... Slow traffic keeps right) and slowing down to less than 35mph, now, so I pull onto the shoulder. As soon as I make it across the yellow line my babee STALLS! Coast to a stop... Re-start... Idles for about 5 seconds and stalls again. I get out and pop the hood (cause that's what you do when you think you know what you're doing). Down-pipe on the turbo looks a l'il orange-ish... Hmmm, don't remember it ever looking like THAT before... Lemmee try starting it, again. I notice a whisp of smoke trailing out from under, just behind the door so I bend down to look underneath. What I see is that my catylatic-perverter is, literally WHITE-HOT!!! As I take this in, while I'm peering underneath at the thing, one of teh rubber thingys that hold stuff like that up off the road BURSTS INTO FLAMES!!! Oh SCHITT!!! Oh SCHITT!!! Oh SCHITT!!! MY CARS' ON FIRE!!! MY CARS' ON FIRE!!! Back to the trunk (OK, hatch) to find something to put it out... Water bottle? WHere's that damned water bottle I keep for emergencies...? HEY! Windshield/washer concentrate!!! That's liquid! It'll put out the little fire! Back to the side of the car, on the ground, off with the cap, punch through the frikking plastic film across the mouth of the bottle, BIG splash of W/W concentrate onto the flames to douse them and... WOOSH!!! BIG GIANT FIREBALL ERUPTS AND TAKES MY EYEBROWS WITH IT!!! (Mine'r kinda thick, almost a monobrow, so the stench of smoldering hair lingered for teh rest of teh day) Oh SCHITT!!! Oh SCHITT!!! Oh SCHITT!!! Oh SCHITT!!! Oh SCHITT!!! Oh SCHITT!!! Oh SCHITT!!! Oh SCHITT!!! Oh SCHITT!!! NOW WHAT!!! Hope the car'll start (It does). Move the car forward (prob shudda backed it up, huh? well away from the flames. NEway, since the car was (kinda) running, I decided to follow the B3 (read: secondary road) north and limp my babee home. We made it home without further incident. On the way I stopped to put some octane booster in the tank and top it off (bad fuel had clogged my Cat and choked out the car) from a reputable gas station that I trusted. Took two full tanks of *trusted* gas coupled with double shots of octane booster (which I try to keep on hand, to this day, should I be unable to find decent gas for my baybee) before she was able to fly, again.

Moral of the story is twofold: Never buy cheap gas for your favorite girl, and w/w fluid IS flamable, just like it says on the lable! Oh, also, keep a can or two of octane booster, in case you're forced to use cheap gas...

Old 04-28-2005, 08:11 PM
2nd Gear

Great story...I couldn't stop laughing....

this has turned out to be a entertaining thread!

I've got to get an extinguisher for my car now....

Old 04-29-2005, 12:24 AM
5th Gear

4 days after my first car, my 1985 corvette (my first car)... I decide to go to a party with a buddy. I was all about being the DD, cause I had my new vette. Anyways, he wanted to bring his gf... and my car sat 2... no worries, it has a hatch, right?
Anyways, just getting close to the party, and see some friends of mine (on foot -- suckers!)... so, I put down the windows as I approach a 4 way stop... figure its time to do some showin off -- the cool thing to do, obviously. I check all directions of traffic, ahead of me, to the left, to the right... nobody. check the rear view... one car (my windows are tinted pretty much limo -- all I seee is headlights)... so, here I am, stopped, turning right, girl in my trunk, friends on the sidewalk... and I punch it. I had the *** end of the car out so far.... it was rediculous... the vette was the easiest rwd car to drive though, I was one with the car. So I fishtail around my right hand turn, my *** end is in the opposing traffic lane (though no traffic), and I am counter-steering like a ****... I get it straight, and into my lain, and put it the rest of the way to the floor. Gone. Cherries. Cherries? Where did he come from. Oooh, the ONE car behind me... was a cop.

So I'm freaking out by now... trying to figure out how long he'd been there... how much he saw... and I pull over. put it in park... shut the car off... still thinking/in shock. So, as Im undoiing my seatbelt... the cop opens my door (he musta RAN out of his car) and pulls me out of the car.. pushes me against the rear fender, "ever been to jail, *******?" ... "no sir." cop: "who's car is this?" (bear in mind, I didnt even have plates on it, just a temp in the window) me: "mine sir". cop: "bullshit, who's car is it, *******" me: "um, its mine, I swear... I'll get you the registration"

So anyways... moving on. The cop has me for 70 in a 50 before I even saw my friends, 85 in a 50 after my fishtail... careless driving for my fishtail, unneccessary noise, and alcohol accecible to the driver, cause my buddies booze (though it was all sealed) was at his feet, when it shoulda been in my trunk. here's where it gets funny. "why didn't you put it in the trunk?" me: "umm, I dont have a trunk, just a hatch..." *oh ****-the girl* Now the cop must be thinking... just a hatch eh? LETS TAKE A GANDER! So, he whips out his mag lite... and puts it against my limo tint... and cups his hands around his eyes, to look in... apparently SOMETHING sparks his interest, and he asks: "Umm, why dont you pop the hatch for me son..."

Now, if you've ever seen an 85 vette's hatch go up, its pretty cool... star wars like. You push the putton, and the shocks open it all the way up, and make a very impressive PSSSHHHHH noise. So PPSSSH goes the shocks, up goes the hatch, and the girl says "Hi."

HI!?!!??! WTF!? that's teh best she could come up with, in all the while she was hiding in there!? how about: "oooh, hey guys, where am I, i must have fallen asleep in your hatch, and you were completely unaware of my presence" but no. Hi.

the cop at this point wants to castrate me... and walks back to his car, shaking his head, to write another ticket. Passenger without a seatbelt this time (i figured it'd be something worse)... anyways, here's where I sit on the curb, and phone my parents... fess up NOW is my plan, get that ugliness out of the way. -- the cop sees me on the phone, and comes rushing out "who are you on the phone with? get off!"

So I hang up. I tell him it was my mom. "bullshit" he says... I just shake my head... and give up. at this point im toast anyways... like 15+ demerit points... well over 1500 in fines.... 6 tickets...

I go to the party, the cop goes to my house. talks to my parents... he's SHOCKED that I actually called home, and wasnt lying. "kids never phone home" ... he tears up the tickets. CRAZY eh? ONLY reason I am still driving today, is because of that merciful cop.

Thanks for reading, god that was long.

Old 04-29-2005, 12:33 AM
2nd Gear

AWD, notice that alot of these stories take place in other people's cars?
I definately would be wary of letting your son drive your A4.

On parents letting thier kids drive thier cars: About a week ago I was faced with the dillema of standard transmission v. automatic/steptronic, so my dad let me test drive his car (BMW 540i sprts pkg, automatic). I was coming home from my church youth group and decide to open up the car a little. I pull off into a side street that is connected to others by uncontrolled intersections. I come to a full stop, peer around, and hit it. I rev to 5k rpms in 1st, then redline to second and shift up before I get the, "Okay, Cameron... maybe you should slow down." from my dad. I downshift back down to first, and come to a stop at the next intersection. I take a turn onto the next street, and start up again. Redline 1st, 2nd, and almost 3rd till I have to slow down for a stop sign. Complete stop.... punch it. I shift a little more controlled this time, taking it only to about 4k each time. I get to a hill, downshift to 3rd, 2nd, and blaze up the hill till the redline again.

Mind you, I only have my permit, and my dad is sitting right next to me the whole time. I pull into a parking lot so we can switch seat... the whole time we can't stop laughing. I'd say that I hit at least 100 on the little residential side streets wth 25mph zones. Any ticket would also go on my dad's record as if he had been driving.

Another time, my mom decided to get a step up from the standard rental crap and got a M-Benz. She decided to let me drive it about half way through our trip to my high school. I say, "Sure, pull over." She approaches the curb, and I scoot over to drive. I put it in steptronic mode and wait for my oppurtunity to pull into traffic. I find an opening and I swerve out, spinning the tires a little because I punched the accelerator. I accelerate very quickly up to speed and upshift so as not to scare her with my high revs. I take a few turns a little too fast (no slides though.) and have some fun with the car. When I pull up into the school parking lot, turn over to my mom and she looks like she needs a change of pants.

I get my Audi probably by my b-day, May 10, and my license on June 23rd.

Cameron

Old 04-29-2005, 12:43 AM
5th Gear

you lucky son of a bitch!!!!....

Old 04-29-2005, 01:54 AM
Administrator

all these long storys to lazy to read

Quick Reply: Ricer moment?